RCTA sirvoe

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
purplebrad
Recruit

RCTA sirvoe

Post by purplebrad »

I have looked for an answer but have not found one yet: does the RCTA sirvoe allow you to use servo recoil with Tamiya electronics? thanks
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: RCTA sirvoe

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

purplebrad wrote:I have looked for an answer but have not found one yet: does the RCTA sirvoe allow you to use servo recoil with Tamiya electronics? thanks
You dont need anything extra, just plug your servo in the receiver, program a little bit the radio and done.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
purplebrad
Recruit

Post by purplebrad »

I have not used a programmable radio, I might have to start. So with Tamiya electronics you would need at least five channels, one being for just the recoil?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

purplebrad wrote:I have not used a programmable radio, I might have to start. So with Tamiya electronics you would need at least five channels, one being for just the recoil?
Yes, sir :)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Brad, no programming needed, the sirveo activates recoil at the top of the stick like Tamiya would, you'd just need a y splitter on the servo plug going to the relevant channel all good.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:Brad, no programming needed, the sirveo activates recoil at the top of the stick like Tamiya would, you'd just need a y splitter on the servo plug going to the relevant channel all good.
I think I am the biggest fan of rc tanks australia of this forum, but even under that circumstance, I'd better invest in a programable radio. A sirvoe will cost 1/3 of a brand new programable radio. With and old 4 ch non programable radio he will end with an arcaic system, using the sticks for triggering the functions instead the switches (that for me is a pain that makes me cry blood) and when using the old tamiya electronics, he will be driving the tank like a race car. WIth a programable radio he could even simulate gear changes like I did here:

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=24899

And many things more. But our colleague is interested in servo recoil. I dont see a better option than doing this

phpBB [video]
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
purplebrad wrote:I have not used a programmable radio, I might have to start. So with Tamiya electronics you would need at least five channels, one being for just the recoil?
Yes, sir :)
Incorrect. You only need 4 channels and a servo cable splitter which can easily be made yourself.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
tomhugill wrote:Brad, no programming needed, the sirveo activates recoil at the top of the stick like Tamiya would, you'd just need a y splitter on the servo plug going to the relevant channel all good.
I think I am the biggest fan of rc tanks australia of this forum, but even under that circumstance, I'd better invest in a programable radio. A sirvoe will cost 1/3 of a brand new programable radio. With and old 4 ch non programable radio he will end with an arcaic system, using the sticks for triggering the functions instead the switches (that for me is a pain that makes me cry blood) and when using the old tamiya electronics, he will be driving the tank like a race car. WIth a programable radio he could even simulate gear changes like I did here:

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=24899

And many things more. But our colleague is interested in servo recoil. I dont see a better option than doing this

phpBB [video]
Not everyone needs that level of complexity, most Tamiya users I see at Danville use a futaba 4 channel radio and fire buttons. Sirveo will work fine with this.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:
Not everyone needs that level of complexity, most Tamiya users I see at Danville use a futaba 4 channel radio and fire buttons. Sirveo will work fine with this.
Thats right... And in Danvile you wont see any aftermarket board neither, everybody is running ancient tamiya electronics and some people even keeps using the old radio with christals... Of course there are some users (Id say most users) that are happy with stock tamiya electronics or even with the heng long/taigen ones... But dont you preffer to use aftermarket boards and radios with plenty of more options? maybe our friend is one of those who wants to do more things, but he wont if nobody shows him...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
tomhugill wrote:
Thats right... And in Danvile you wont see any aftermarket board neither, everybody is running ancient tamiya electronics and some people even keeps using the old radio with christals... Of course there are some users (Id say most users) that are happy with stock tamiya electronics or even with the heng long/taigen ones... But dont you preffer to use aftermarket boards and radios with plenty of more options? maybe our friend is one of those who wants to do more things, but he wont if nobody shows him...
Le sigh, the question was will a sirveo work with Tamiya electrics, not what programmable radios and aftermarket electronic options are out there. Saying you NEED a programmable radio for this isn't correct. We're not debating whether Tamiya electrics are a valid choice or archaic etc etc.

Return to “Other electronics”