Counterfeit knockoffs

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Counterfeit knockoffs

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I have to advise that e-bay seem to be taking a rather relaxed view on fake goods being sold on their site. It appears that the word 'FOR' is being used by far eastern owned sellers shops to describe items that are the genuine article, as described and pictured but are actually just fake copies!

Complaints and a request for a refund are then folloed by the seller then offers a refund if you change your feedback, but not before you do. I didn't and instead stood firm, reporting the matter to EBay. What did e-bay do? Nothing I've noticed as there are still dozens of these items being offered on a 'for' basis. Beware!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Counterfeit knockoffs

Post by Max-U52 »

Can you post a link to an example, please? I try to keep up with these things so it would be helpful to see the actual product that's being faked. What exactly is the product that you're having trouble with?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

There are so many examples now showing that a link would be pointless but the one l encountered was for a Futaba S3003 servo. When it arrived the label, which was peeling off, showed only S3003, very badly printed, and 2 of the 4 case screws were not fully screwed into the case!

The seller has now refunded me but wants me to change my feedback. Sellers who knowingly sell fake goods are simply theives and, if EBay had any morals, would cease their accounts. However, all purchases made earn eBay another buck or two so I'm guessing they turn a blind eye as both sellers and items remain.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

Reviving this old thread..

This has become a huge issue with amazon as well.. Several times recently I've been screwed over by cheap Chinese knockoffs.. Amazon does stand behind it though and refunds my money, but complaints go in the trash with them.. I guess they could care less so long as they get the profit by the sellers.. That seems to be the only thing Amazon cares about.. It's almost like dealing with E-Bay version 2.0..
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..

Return to “Other electronics”