What spare battery should I be looking at?

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: What spare battery should I be looking at?

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As you are in Caboolture, a Mr Toys Toyworld should carry a 3000 m/a rc car battery that will do the trick. Call them to check stock.
I got a 5000 from an rc aircraft shop.
The 3000's are ok and much improved over the stock batteries.

Be careful of lipos as I know the V3 Taigen boards seem to behave strangely when powered by lipo.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
rogueone
Recruit

Post by rogueone »

Mr Toys Toyworld
Didn't even think to look at a Toyworld but they had a good range of batteries and chargers etc. Thanks heaps for that. Ended up with a 3600 pretty cheap and a decent charger!

I'm familiar with some of the bigger hobby shops but through other hobbies. Getting a handle on the rc ones!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Happy to help mate.
There is a Hobby Expo coming up at the end of August, be good to see you there at the North Brisbane RC Tank Club stand........25th & 26th Aug. You will here us there !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
outlaw_825th
Recruit

Post by outlaw_825th »

Thanks for the heads up Jumbo, just got a couple of those 3300mah from jedlam. £14.95 inc postage, Good value at £5 per 1100mah! Last couple I bought else where were £19 for 3000mah inc postage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul Cheeseman
Panther G, Panzer IV, Tiger 1, Roni has her King Tiger and now a Panzer IV.
And can see more arriving at regular intervals!
Running Open Panzer + Benedini mini on the Panther and King Tiger 8)
rogueone
Recruit

Post by rogueone »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Happy to help mate.
There is a Hobby Expo coming up at the end of August, be good to see you there at the North Brisbane RC Tank Club stand........25th & 26th Aug. You will here us there !!!
Sounds good....where is the Expo?? If it doesn't conflict with my other duties I'll come say hello! I still play competitive cricket at 48 years of age!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Its the QHME in Ipswich.
I will have to google it for an address.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other electronics”