Turnigy 9X er9x and tank firmware

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
minimivic
Private

Turnigy 9X er9x and tank firmware

Post by minimivic »

OK so I have installed a smartie board and flashed the firmware to the newest er9x.
Im led to believe that tanker9x is no longer used or supported.
Can anyone share there eepe setup file/template of what they use on a tank, Elmod version prefered.
Thanks
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Turnigy 9X er9x and tank firmware

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

minimivic wrote:OK so I have installed a smartie board and flashed the firmware to the newest er9x.
Im led to believe that tanker9x is no longer used or supported.
Can anyone share there eepe setup file/template of what they use on a tank, Elmod version prefered.
Thanks
Welcome to the at the beginning frustrating, at the end very rewarding world of programable radios!.
As you point, tanker9x is long time abandoned, and does not worth to spend time with it. Er9x almost every week, and tanker9x is abandoned for many years, so a lot of things changed to better.

So the best way to go is to install the last version from www.er9x.com

And then, about the templates... Well, every tank board is different, and also every user. For example I drive with the stick in the left, and most people with the stick in the right. So the best thing is to program the radio to suit your needs. Elmod has not a lot of functions and is not very programable, so it should not take you a lot of time. If you have questions just tell me!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The only radios need programming for are Clark where I take the left stick functions and put them on swtches.

El mod allows you to assign functions to switches so no programming, same IBU 3. Ibu2 and tamiya you might want to program fire buttons but that's about it.

My advice learn how the radio programming work and what it does then you can make it dance for you rather than being a slave to others work.

Er9x is fantastic and pretty user friendly in its operation and logic, if you invest some time the pay off will be great.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:The only radios need programming for are Clark where I take the left stick functions and put them on swtches.

El mod allows you to assign functions to switches so no programming, same IBU 3. Ibu2 and tamiya you might want to program fire buttons but that's about it.

My advice learn how the radio programming work and what it does then you can make it dance for you rather than being a slave to others work.

Er9x is fantastic and pretty user friendly in its operation and logic, if you invest some time the pay off will be great.
Well, in fact he needs programming... Asigning a switch for doing something like shooting the cannon is radio programming... Even for the tamiya basic functions if he starts from a clear template, he will have to program too. But at a basic level.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Fair comment, about tamiya and ibu2, for the elmod though it's not required past assigning channels (does that count!?!?!).
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

If you're still interested in having a look at an eepe template you can download mine from here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=127 ... 1485666370
Let me know if that doesn't work and I can email it to you. The T-55 is for a Clark TK22, Panzer IV is Tamiya, Tiger 1 is an older ElMod and the Sherman Jumbo file is for a fusion pro. I drive with the right stick and have the turret functions on the left. Guns, lights and engine start up are operated from the switches.

You will probably want to change things to suit your own preferences but this should get you started. As the other guys have said its worthwhile reading the manual and getting your head around it. I found it confusing at first but eventually it sinks in.
minimivic
Private

Post by minimivic »

B_man,

Thanks for that, the Jumbo is close and gets me driving (in reverse) so I think I can work on that.
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.

Return to “Other electronics”