Emitter and flash in barrel together

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
minimivic
Private

Emitter and flash in barrel together

Post by minimivic »

Has anyone got a flash unit and ir emitter in the barrel I’ve done one or the other but not both at the same time. Any tip or ideas.
Tamiya Tiger 1 if it makes a difference.
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Emitter and flash in barrel together

Post by tomhugill »

I did it on my js-2, didn't really like it as you get less flash and I found the barrel more fiddly to aim the emitter. I've found recessing the emitter in the front face of the turret of the KT a much better option.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I fitted the emitter in my Tamiya Tiger in the mantlet. I bored out the hole to the right of the gun barrel, when looking forward from the inside.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
minimivic
Private

Post by minimivic »

happytank wrote:Hi maybe of use look on YouTube, looks like someone had the same idea with their kv1.showing how to with a little diy
I'm not finding this youtube video, do you have a link?
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

In theory you can mount the IR behind the muzzle flash as Infra Red light will pass through most materials. There are some colours that will block it, but having a clear flash led might be ok.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

wibblywobbly wrote:In theory you can mount the IR behind the muzzle flash as Infra Red light will pass through most materials. There are some colours that will block it, but having a clear flash led might be ok.
Would intresting to see some.range comparisons doing that, I think it would have a detrimental effect.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I could print a dummy barrel section and rig something up? I could test it at a club meet as we have two large halls, plenty of room to do a reasonable range test. Wouldn't happen until early June though.

Technically 8|

Any electrically conductive material will block IR. The greater the conductivity, the greater the blocking. Aluminum foil will kill all IR, both high range and low. Most plastics allow IR to pass through. Glass will block low frequency IR (red hot), but allow the passage of high frequency (white hot) IR. Hence, the heat of the sun will easily pass into a greenhouse, but once this energy is converted into low frequency heat by the objects within that absorb it, then the resulting low frequency heat is trapped. Hence, the Greenhouse Effect.

So if you want to grow tomatoes in your King Tiger... :shh:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

I have done this a few times , but the IR needs to be at the front or the beam will be de-focused by the flash LED lens . This is not so critical with the flash at the back - as long as it is bright enough to be seen at the muzzle .
to the bouncy room ! Yay !

Return to “Other electronics”