Taigen V3 MFU

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Taigen V3 MFU

Post by Arnie_DK »

So... today Dominique just posted that he have a V3 MFU from Taigen in stock and that this time, you can disable the Track recoil!

Anyone heard of this or have any further details???
Its the first I have heard of a V3 board...

https://www.rctank.de/Taigen-V3-24-GHz- ... coil-reset
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Taigen V3 MFU

Post by tomhugill »

And now more expensive than a tk22 and almost as expensive as a tk24. :thumbdown:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Not heard of the track recoil feature before. Arnie, but this setup is Taigen's response to HL's version 5.3 board and controller. I just copied and pasted this from Dominique's description, however:
"....You need for several tanks just one remote control (all the tanks must have the new board), so no need to purchase 10 complete sets...." and for me, that would be far more attractive than some means of shutting track recoil down. It would mean just one TX for all the tanks in one's collection sporting the new controller board. Ten TXs can take up quite a bit of room, and absorb quite a lot of batteries at the same time. One is a lot better. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Thats been a feature ever since 2,4ghz was introduced actually.

Have played around with 3 tanks driving on the same tx at the same time. Quite fun, but the trim is a pain :P

But basicly the entire text for this V3 board is the same as for the V2. Only change is the note about track recoil on/off switch.
Even the Pictures are the same... I'm missing some specific info on this board...
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Still interesting. For the 100€ you get radio and speaker. So there will also be a cheaper verse n for sure.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

This one made me pick up the phone to find out what's really going on, and I have it from a very reliable source that the V3 boards are not officially ready for release yet. Some people manage to get a hold of some early and rush them to Market but I'll be waiting until Imex releases theirs because just like the V2, I'm sure there will be bugs in this that will have to be worked out and they haven't been worked out yet. So I'm going to wait until they come out from Florida before I buy anymore. I'm also told that the V3 board will work fine with the V2 controller and there's no need to get a new transmitter, and that when they are released in Florida they should be about the same price as the V2 board.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

They claim to have installed new 'PCBs in the TX and Motherboard, but given that there's hardly any difference in function, the tweak was probably to the firmware, not the traces. :problem: Add a switch here, move a switch there and bingo..you have Version 'x', and the opportunity to sell the same products over and over again, but with very minor changes..
Taigen is, like everyone else, jumping on the eternal upgrade bandwagon. That territory used to be for smart phones, Tablets, Sat Navs and Smart TVs, but now it's ubiquitous in the electronics and gadget world :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Max! Thank you for confirming some suspicions I had!

I got the V2 board quite quickly with the Metal PzIV and I was quite disapointed that the IR wasa only half compatible with the V1 board. Erik at Imex said that this was one of the issues they wanted fixed, before a US release.
So yeah... I was quite sceptical about this "out of the blue" V3 ;)

But nice to have some sort of explanation :D
Kyle_T
Recruit

Post by Kyle_T »

Just as an update for this, I bought one of the V3 boards and pleased to say everything works fine, the proportional turret rotation and smoker give a nice touch, the gearbox speed allows for some very nice slow running in sync to the sounds, barrel recoil works fine after a little resoldering and best of all, the track recoil has been disabled with a simple flick of the switch.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Kyle_T wrote:Just as an update for this, I bought one of the V3 boards and pleased to say everything works fine, the proportional turret rotation and smoker give a nice touch, the gearbox speed allows for some very nice slow running in sync to the sounds, barrel recoil works fine after a little resoldering and best of all, the track recoil has been disabled with a simple flick of the switch.
Thats great news!
How about IR compatability? Have you tested it against the V1 and V2 boards?
How about hit and death jitters? Have they been removed as well?

Return to “Other electronics”