Taigen V3 MFU

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Re: Taigen V3 MFU

Post by Arnie_DK »

Aparently this boards wasnt so "not ready" afterall.

Its just become available at Taigen/Imex own webshop
https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-part ... /tag120604
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yeah, Imex now has the V3 board with the ability to disable that nasty track recoil and it comes with the sound card for 50 bucks (USD) but they no longer include the RX cables so you have to shell out another $14 for those if you want to run a hobby grade TX.

Still nice to see new stuff, though, and I happen to know that the reason they added the track recoil disabling feature was a direct result of input from us cats on the tank forums. I think it's very cool to have a vendor that actually listens to us! 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Yeah. I followed the discussions on RCU where people more or less was shelling Erik for a Track Recoil disable feature :)

Its nice he listens. A lot actually :)
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

Nothing from nothing still equals nothing.

Still second rate junk electronics..

For that kind of money, you can buy a TK22 or 24..

Hell, better yet, add a few more bucks and buy an IBU system.. Better board all the way around.. Either way, almost any damn board out there is better than the Imex crap..
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got mine yesterday.
Seems its not all simple p-lug & play.
have all functions working, except the fire control.
Elevation cycles continuously and no gun control at all.
I hope its just simple wire positioning but it may not be !

I also looked at the TK22 unit, but the thought of piss-farting around with of all things- a TV remote- to program it, put me off.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ok, I presume this:

The H/L does not have the correct 8-pin cable and plug to accept the Taigen turret/recoil/elevation/rotation requirements to enable all normal functions.
I will need to get hold of an 8-pin cable and hull connector plug (row of 8 and a single 3-pin socket & connection points for the rotation.
Without these bits, an H/L tank wont work with the Taigen recoil/elevation mechanism or V3 electronics.
I'm running at about 95% certainty on this.

Sounds great, seems to be quite controllable, but Im not able to close up & finish of yet.
Very frustrating.

On a good note, any Taigen tank will be a would better for the V3 system.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Dave I would suggest that Hermann buys the "DKLM" Turret rotation motor that you sell and instead of the "8" Pin socket with the "3" Pin and the end that's needs Heng Long/Taigens turret rotation motor to be soldered in place that he buys the "8" pin plus "3" pin Plus "2" pin that you sell,
The DKLMs Turret motor which carries a plug slots straight in,
So just the headlights and MG to be soldered onto the other end.
Like I say just a suggestion.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

good call yep we have that all in if he needs it thanks dave :thumbup:
h5djr
Recruit

Post by h5djr »

With the Taigen v3 mfu are you able to change which transmitter stick is used for drive and which for steering. I have several Tamiya tanks and with those the left stick is used for forward/backward control and the right for steering and I would like to purchase a RTR Taigen and have the sticks operate the same.

Return to “Other electronics”