Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
wolodya295
Recruit

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by wolodya295 »

??? ????????
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

Hi all, new here.

I´ve recently purchased a TBS mini module at Banggood and I´m starting to think I´ve been cheated. No software to program it. just a link on Banggood page to a Google Drive account. Once downloaded (and thoroughly revised with my antivirus) I try to install it on my laptop. All I get is an installation error, some simple ASCII log shows a Hash error.

Searching all over Internet I see there is an original board, not DasMikro but someone called Benedini. I tried to download the software from there, but logically the site ask for some credentials I don´t have because I dídn´t purchased the board from there.

My search guides finally to this forum to ask for some help. I see the first post in this thread says the software is at the downloads section, but can´t manage to find it in the downloads listing.

So the question is: may I try to put this board to work in any way or should I throw it to trash and buy the genuine one? Any help from you will be very welcome.

Thanks.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Breitlingwings wrote:Hi all, new here.

I´ve recently purchased a TBS mini module at Banggood and I´m starting to think I´ve been cheated. No software to program it. just a link on Banggood page to a Google Drive account. Once downloaded (and thoroughly revised with my antivirus) I try to install it on my laptop. All I get is an installation error, some simple ASCII log shows a Hash error.

Searching all over Internet I see there is an original board, not DasMikro but someone called Benedini. I tried to download the software from there, but logically the site ask for some credentials I don´t have because I dídn´t purchased the board from there.

My search guides finally to this forum to ask for some help. I see the first post in this thread says the software is at the downloads section, but can´t manage to find it in the downloads listing.

So the question is: may I try to put this board to work in any way or should I throw it to trash and buy the genuine one? Any help from you will be very welcome.

Thanks.
Hi Sir, I guess you have not seen that, first of all, and specially before seeking for any help, you have to introduce yourself. We are a nice bunch of guys here, and we love to be super polite, lol.

About the board, if you got it from banggood it means you got a pirate version of it. The original can be bought at http://www.benedini.de
Said that, yes, the software was uploaded by myself in the downloads section, but Benedini himself asked me politely to remove it, because I was damaging his business, so I thought he was right and I removed it. I am afraid I am not allowed to distribute any of the software or files frim him.

Anyway, whatever you bougth from the banggood seller will work. It might be drivers problem or something like that, but I am sure you have not been cheated.

EDIT: I have seen your location, Spain. Hey, I am spanish too, lol.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

My apologies for not introducing myself, I was so tired looking for info that I didn´t realize. Lo siento.

So first at all: my name is Luis from Spain. I´m a senior IT engineer, RC hobbyist for more than 40 years (airplanes, cars, boats.. anything able to hold a RC gear). I´m currently building a 1:8 crawler, whole 3D printed. So I bought this board to control all the light system.

Well, that said I think this is not a drivers issue, it seems more likely a corrupted file as the installation detects a different hash that one of the manifest. So I see my options reduced to almost zero as there´s no other software source, I will have to spend on the original one to get this working.

Thank you anyway, it has been clarifying for me.

Saludos, y gracias !!
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

Morning all.

After a lot of tweaking and some more reading in this thread I´ve managed to start the flasher and board. After a first parameter read it seems to have something preloaded:
TBS-flash.PNG
Now time to discover all this little thing is capable to do.

Thanks again !!!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Great you have it working. Take a look at my website, I did reviews and tutorials for all benedini boards.
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Great you have it working. Take a look at my website, I did reviews and tutorials for all benedini boards.
Will do it, thanks so much. Sure I´ll be back with questions.
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

First questions (I knew this would happen :D )

I´ve read both manual and your tutorial page. I have a global idea about how all this stuff works but also some doubts. Referred to a TBS mino board:

1.- Board have three different control inputs (prop1, prop2, prop3). Prop1 is reserved to control motor sounds, so I should connect receiver's throttle assigned channel to prop1-in and the ESC to prop1-out. This way TBS knows throttle position and acts in consecuence. Right?

2.- Then we have two coders on board to set up functions, prop2 controls coder2, prop3 controls coder1. Right?

3.- Should I connect two free channels from my receiver to prop2 and prop3?

3.- Now I don´t have a clear idea on how to select both prop2 and prop3 type. How are they both linked in between?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Breitlingwings wrote:First questions (I knew this would happen :D )

I´ve read both manual and your tutorial page. I have a global idea about how all this stuff works but also some doubts. Referred to a TBS mino board:

1.- Board have three different control inputs (prop1, prop2, prop3). Prop1 is reserved to control motor sounds, so I should connect receiver's throttle assigned channel to prop1-in and the ESC to prop1-out. This way TBS knows throttle position and acts in consecuence. Right?

2.- Then we have two coders on board to set up functions, prop2 controls coder2, prop3 controls coder1. Right?

3.- Should I connect two free channels from my receiver to prop2 and prop3?

3.- Now I don´t have a clear idea on how to select both prop2 and prop3 type. How are they both linked in between?
1) Yes.
2) Exactly.
3) If you want the extra functions like triggering lights and extra sounds, adjusting the volume, yes. Connect one, the two or none, depending your needs and your radio skills.
4) That is the complicated part, and it is where I had to split a channel into 16 "steps" for being able to select what I wanted to play. It is complicated and it required me to use a programable radio.

I guess it will take you some time until you figure how that works, but be patient. I suggest you start with an easy thing, like Prop 2 Input RC, Prop 2 Type Function 1/2. +100 of the signal will trigger the selected function, -100 will trigger the other. Once that is under control, you can select Prop 3 Input, RC 1st coder 12 key, and to split the channel in the required steps to be able to trigger all the functions.
wolodya295
Recruit

Post by wolodya295 »

Hello everyone. My name is Vladimir. Russia. The city of Kazan.
I want to say a big thank you to the forum. Here is my truck.-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmBsCclO5F4

My question is, I bought an amplifier (link https://aliexpress.ru/item/32653644096. ... c011269268) and I don’t know how to connect, there is input- L, G and R. Is it necessary to connect everything? "earth" too ?. In dasmikro mini where there is a speaker too
In dasmikro mini where the speaker also has 3 contacts, do they all have to be used or only 2 where has the speaker connected before?

Return to “Other electronics”