Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Yellowshaker »

Sp basically you can buy any one of them and program it how you want? I am a bit nervous buying one having never used one before. Not sure I can figure it out. From the post it looks very difficult to set up.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It's actually very simple. It's a Benedini clone, what makes it complicated is they way that Benedini describes how to program one.

As far as the DasMikro ones are concerned, they come with truck sounds on. Loading on new sounds just means running the Benedini software, hooking up the USB, and hitting the load sounds button, it takes a few minutes to complete.

For custom sounds, tank sounds etc, you need to download Audacity and create a few sound clips, then load these the same way.

There are a lot of other things that the boards can do, control lights and have other sounds, but to make use of these features requires a multi channel tx, and switches/knobs that can be used to control the board. I use my Das Mikro's in trucks so all I do is select a truck sound from the library and load that on.

I used to create sounds for Elmod boards before the Fusion boards arrived on the scene, so creating a sound clips in Audacity and loading them on became second nature, these boards work the same way, they just have a lot less memory to play with.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

SO the unit arrived today but still waiting on a program adapter for it. I also read the manual and cannot figure out how a smoke unit can be controlled with this thing...and uys say ElMod is hard to use? ANyway, I would like to become familiar with the benedini system, but the manual is basically about sounds only...Anyone care to lend a hand?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

If what you purchased is the Dasmikro being discussed in this thread, it is a clone of the TBS Micro. The Micro has no smoke control functionality.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

LukeZ wrote:If what you purchased is the Dasmikro being discussed in this thread, it is a clone of the TBS Micro. The Micro has no smoke control functionality.
Hy luke, I am probably wrong, but I think with the dasmikro is possible to control smoke too. At least the software gives you that option... I have not tested it, but definitely you can config things there.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

I believe it does have the function...just that instructions are terrible and there is not a whole lot of information I can find online...
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Yellowshaker wrote:I believe it does have the function...just that instructions are terrible and there is not a whole lot of information I can find online...
Cant agree more with you. Bad instructions and a horrible lack of info out there, even when it is very popular after those cheap WPL trucks. I guess 99,9% of the users sticks with the stock sounds and no use of lights or any other function.

Elmod is very easy to use, but this little board is very complicated and unlocking all his potential is for advanced users with good radios.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

The product has a lot of features and capabilities and therefore inevitably has a learning curve. It certainly helps to use the official product purchased from Thomas Benedini, with the latest firmware, with the documentation he provides, and all the sound files that he makes available to you. When you do so Mr. Benedini is also very responsive to individual requests for help, as everybody will attest who owns his actual products.

I believe it is unfair to buy a cheap Chinese unauthorized rip-off copy that Benedini doesn't support and that the Chinese for sure don't support, and which takes money away from the legitimate business, and then complain about the legitimate business. If you want to go the cheap route, you must be prepared to figure things out yourself. That is the trade-off you make for saving money.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Like, I bought this unit to test in one of the WPL trucks. I have looked into purchasing a unit from Benedini in the past, and the lack of information is what halted that. I am not complaining about the Chinese knockoff. I am saying that for a unit such as the TBS mini and Micro, there is very little information and the manual is not very good at all. So drop the attitude. Perhaps you have the money and time to spend learning how to use a rather expensive product through trial and error, but I do not, nor do I feel I should have to. If something costs that much, it should have a user manual that people can understand and it certainly should explain all of the functions it is capable of and how to use them. If I screw something up and burn up a 25 dollar board, oh well. If I screw up and burn up the Benedini board, I will not be happy, especially if it is because the information is lacking.
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Rad. I finally got the programming unit from ebay that you show in the first part of this thread. I hooked it up as you stated in the photo. Problem is when I hit connect on the screen in the software it says module did not answer. Any ideas? I checked my connections over and over.

Return to “Other electronics”