Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, that's great info, but could I use a pot instead of a three position switch? Or would it work like this - push the three position switch forward and volume gets louder until you move the switch back to center, it gets lower when you move the switch down and keeps getting lower until you move the switch back to center, or would it just be three different volume levels, like low/medium/high? The Mercedes will probably end up on the i10 so I'll have plenty of channels and switches to chose from.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And forgive me for getting a bit off topic for a second, but I stumbled across this when I was uploading video and thought you guys might get a laugh out of it. What do you do with a 1:1 scale RC car? Crash it, of course. @) @) @)

The good stuff starts at about 1:30 into the video. I don't recognize the TX he's using.

phpBB [video]

And to think those guys got paid to do that. What a life, eh?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max-U52 wrote:OK, that's great info, but could I use a pot instead of a three position switch? Or would it work like this - push the three position switch forward and volume gets louder until you move the switch back to center, it gets lower when you move the switch down and keeps getting lower until you move the switch back to center, or would it just be three different volume levels, like low/medium/high? The Mercedes will probably end up on the i10 so I'll have plenty of channels and switches to chose from.

Well, honestly I did not test it and everything was theory... Until now. I took my board and I configured and tested it just for you, my love, lol.

With prop 2 I used a 3 position switch. With the switch downwards the volume is reduced slowly to zero until you return it to his neutral position and with the switch upwards the volume rises until the top.

So yeah, I tested and it works. And very good.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I did a very quick video.

phpBB [video]

This is the sound set I did for my P-40 with a couple of documentaries from youtube.

Also it has two more extra sounds, a pilot that says in the radio "Im in trouble, mayday mayday mayday!!!" And the sound of dropping a bomb (falling and explosion)
And that is all what I can put in the small board.

The machine gun and the sound of the plane coming and flying away are in the prop 2. I set the machine guns sound to be able to sound with the motor noises, and the other sound sets off the motor noises.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That's great news about the volume. Adjust-ability is very cool. 8)

The P-40 sounds great. I've been building static models for a very long time and I always preferred WWII fighter aircraft in the larger scales, like 1/32nd and 24th. I even have a couple P-40 kits on the shelf waiting to be built, and I've collected up some cool aftermarket goodies for them, like PE instrument panels and what-not. I've also researched them a bit so I know things like, the P-40B was what the tigers flew and had .50s in the nose and .30s in the wings, and the later models got different configurations. I think it was 100 P40Bs that Chenault (sp?) managed to finagle for the Tigers, but maybe only 90 some got delivered? Anyway, the point is that you have a fascinating plane there. Are there posts of it anywhere? Got a link?

Have you made any mods to that 9XR for the mikro? I should be able to get good results with any of my radios but I've found that when you're copying someone else's work (something I do flagrantly and regularly) it helps to use the same equipment. At least that makes it easier for me. Anyway, when the time comes I have the 9X, 9XR and the i6 and i10 to choose from so I'm sure it will work out fine. I might start the 540K at the same time as the 1/6 scale Sd.Kfz.250, both of which are after the Hetzer. And then there's the 1/6 Kubelwagens that are also waiting patiently. So many projects, so little time.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi,

My P-40 is 1:16 scale, but even when is going to be RC I dont want it to be able to fly. Im too scared of crashing after such ammount of job.... And I have seen to many videos of rc warbirds crashing to know that my bird will have same sad destiny.

Mi P-40 will have 6 cal .50 (just a little correction, the earlies P40 had 2 cal .30 in the nose, and 2 cal .50 on each wing) will be green and will have a shark mouth :) There are no build logs so far... And it t will take a lot of time more, minimum half a year more, but id say like a year.

Mods to my 9xr pro?
Latest software version.
Four 2pos switches replaced with 3 pos ones.
One potentiometer replaced with a 6 pos switch.
A multiprotocol module instaled inside.

But a plain 9x (with er9x flashed) will work. For sure your i10 will work flawlessly too.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The P40 sounds very cool, and I'd like to see photos sometime. Can you get a sound track for six .50s firing at once? Do you remember the M41 I put the quad .50s on? That has a clark TK22 and it has a great sound track for the single .50 but now I have four .50s mounted up there and you know that sounds very different. I've always wondered if I could use one of these mikros for just the MG sound and keep the rest of the clark sounds. The sounds for start up and engine on the TK22 for the M41 are really quite good, as are the rotation and elevation sounds.

Anyway, when I get to the Mercedes I'll solder the programming connector to the mikro and maybe pins for the lights. I have to order some of those pins you linked. I'm still a little leery about soldering something that tiny, but I watched a couple good videos so I'll give it a crack. For now, in the mainly stock truck, I'm just going to run with the tail lights and headlights on an on/off under the frame, and the big honkin' lights on the lightbar on the switch on the TX. There's still a ton of work to do to that truck, so fancy lights can wait for the sports car. I still have to figure out the lightbar, the canvas top, and the FPV system from the right front seat. For that I might have to use a crate in the back to hide a 12v battery for the FPV TX, but I can draw 5V camera voltage from the RX. And with a crate I can also have a separate power supply for the lightbar, which will greatly extend drive time. If only the damned esc would get here so I can get rollin'.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi Max, I got the .50 sounds from here.

phpBB [video]

"Only" three .50 at the same time, but I think it sounds cool.

Also if you really want four, or if you dont like the sound I choosed, you can look for the .50 you like most, and with the free software Audacity, multiply one .50 four times (But not synchronized, of course!) so you can have the 4 machine guns you need.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Well, some news here, Gary. I managed to trigger all the sounds and adjust the volume from the transmitter and I did a video showing it.

phpBB [video]

I am using only 4 custom sounds, because the memory was full. I would like to have more... But I guess I have to wait until the chinesse guys do a knockout of the Benedini Mini, lol.

Im also using a quite strange mix, with a 6 position switch I select a position and then I trigger the sound. Mixing with the radio I managed to virtually have a 12 position switch from a 6 position one. I am sure it also could be done just with the switches, but it will take a some programming, and I just dont wanna burn my brain doing it, lol

Also, for the open panzer guys, it is possible to have turret rotation and barrel elevation sounds too, it is just a matter of programming.

This radio software I am using is a piece of art. No matter the screen looks like a casio watch from the late eigthies, it is so powerfull that you can do a lot of things that a radio with 10 times the price wont do.

I cant thank enought the guys from http://www.openrcforums.com for programming it, and for the support.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Uops, I just noticed I forgot the mix.

Is this one:

CH05: +42% 6POS Offset(-54%)
+108% HALF Switch(THR)
R -100% !TRN

Thanks to MikeB for his help.