Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Max-U52 »

wibblywobbly wrote:Well it should be pretty obvious who the Major North American Vendor is, seeing as there is only one...Luke should drop him a line. :clap:

North America can include Canada and Mexico so there are more than one major vendor over here.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I ordered a Benedini Mini clone, about £30, and it arrived without problems. They come without any sounds installed, but luckily I have a USB lead that I was using on my DasMikro Micro clone. I have access to a Benedini soundset, so I loaded a Tiger soundset (572kb), set the parameters to 'Gas' and 'Autostart', plugged it into an RC Crawler that was sitting here...and it works perfectly.

Need to make it louder, but for the money, it's good. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
ModelMaker
Recruit

Post by ModelMaker »

I joined this forum solely because of this thread, so thanks to the OP! I am not an RC Tank builder, but I have been building RC scale ships and model conversions for a few years and have been looking for something like this module to enhance them.
This seems to be the only decipherable information for this board on the entire WWW. With this thread I have been able to order the board, order a programmer and install the programming software onto old netbook I had. I’m primarily a IOS guy, so going back to PC is challenging. I think I have everything?

Is it possible to work on the programming software without a board connected? Only asking as I’m waiting for stuff and wanted to get more familiar.

Anyways, I will be following intently as I have a lot to learn.
Thanks MM
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

ModelMaker wrote:I joined this forum solely because of this thread, so thanks to the OP! I am not an RC Tank builder, but I have been building RC scale ships and model conversions for a few years and have been looking for something like this module to enhance them.
This seems to be the only decipherable information for this board on the entire WWW. With this thread I have been able to order the board, order a programmer and install the programming software onto old netbook I had. I’m primarily a IOS guy, so going back to PC is challenging. I think I have everything?

Is it possible to work on the programming software without a board connected? Only asking as I’m waiting for stuff and wanted to get more familiar.

Anyways, I will be following intently as I have a lot to learn.
Thanks MM

Hi mate, welcome. I glad you liked the thread. In fact I am currently rewritting everything regarding the benedini products. I am splitting the info in three entries in my blog:
Review of the Benedini Mini
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... s-mini-v2/
Review of the Benedini micro:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... -dasmikro/

And finally a step by step tutorial that I am currently writting, and I will publish in 2-3 weeks.

And yes, you can work with the software with no boards connected. Remember for the mini you need one software, and for the micro the other.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rad I have been telling you for ever that people do read your work and find it very helpful and now a Newbie has confirmed that so don't think of stopping please. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

^^^ What he said! :D
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
ModelMaker
Recruit

Post by ModelMaker »

Hi mate, welcome. I glad you liked the thread. In fact I am currently rewritting everything regarding the benedini products. I am splitting the info in three entries in my blog:
Review of the Benedini Mini
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... s-mini-v2/
Review of the Benedini micro:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... -dasmikro/

And finally a step by step tutorial that I am currently writting, and I will publish in 2-3 weeks.

And yes, you can work with the software with no boards connected. Remember for the mini you need one software, and for the micro the other.[/quote]

Yeah, I managed to get the the software from banggood after much searching and reading about the whole counterfeiting thing. I have TBS-flash V1.0.1.4 correct?

Thanks! I have read just about everything I can, still processing. I look forward to reading future instalments of any kind. MM
ModelMaker
Recruit

Post by ModelMaker »

jarndice wrote:Rad I have been telling you for ever that people do read your work and find it very helpful and now a Newbie has confirmed that so don't think of stopping please. :thumbup:
Yes, this is very true! MM
Bobber Stu
Recruit

Post by Bobber Stu »

I'll second that, this thread its why I joined the forum too.
Looking forward to the full blown tutorial....

Mean while I've ordered a Dasmikro micro and this USB adaptor: https://www.banggood.com/2Pcs-FT232RL-F ... rehouse=CN

Which driver do I need for the usb adaptor please? (win 10)
ModelMaker
Recruit

Post by ModelMaker »

Would anybody be able to confirm for me that this is the correct driver for Win7. I can’t get this to connect. It all looks right, keep getting the “module did not answer”. I have COM4 selected, there was not an option to select a COM prior to the driver install so it seems that the Flash is recognizing it.
I’m stumped. I am running power through the ESC and the micro’s led is illuminated.
Thanks MM
Attachments
C421F736-D1A0-48D2-B979-287ACB769953.jpeg

Return to “Other electronics”