Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

So mr rad what board would you advise for my truck. I’m toying with the idea of installing a Clark’s board
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:So mr rad what board would you advise for my truck. I’m toying with the idea of installing a Clark’s board
Sorry for resellers and fans, but as today, Id never fit a clark board in any of my toys because those boards lack many functions I need and pricewise are not worth it, at least for me, a function freak guy.

In the jjrc q60 I am fitting a cheap 3 eur ESC for controlling the speed and a benedini mini that controls 6 light outputs and has a nice bunch of custom user sounds. But as you can see it can be tricky to program and there is a learning curve, too step for many.

So it depends with what you want, but in my personal case is worth to learn how to use the small boards.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Yeah my dad mentioned an esc but I think at some point I would like some engine sounds and some more precise controls
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jcarducci
Recruit

Post by jcarducci »

I read this thread from the beginning with great interest.

I bought several of the das Mikro clones and I'm also attempting to purchase at least one of Benedini's original mini boards. I want to use these to control not just sounds for my 1/10 scale Kaelble Z6W2A 130 heavy load tractor- trucks but lights, especially lights. If the original TBS Mini boards work better and I can program them
reliably it will be worth it considering how much I have into these trucks already.

I've had no ( apparent) problems connecting to the card via a USB port on two of my desktops running Win 10. I can bring up flash connect to the board and both
read and update parms. I'm using a Turnigy 9x with a Smartie parts 9Xtreme programmer/interface board and can also connect using eepesky version to directly
change the model profile I'm using, although initially I though I had driver VID and PID mismatches but it was me that dumb thumbed the update.... so all good there.

As others have written I have yet to discover how I perform what I see as a mapping of Tx output of values to desired functions on the Mini/ Mikro. My diagnostic
screens are un-editable and I see no other place where to effect this mapping.

I was pulling out my remaining hair when I found that I couldn't even test functions from the configuration window ( Flash) until I investigated the jumper cables that came
with the Mikro. one was defective only making a spotty connection; as well as one of the cables provided to be used for output 1,2, 3 or 4- there was an invisible break in the negative wire from one end to the other. I recommend continuity checks as I've seen this before.(Was an issue for some cables supplied with IBU2 units).

Once I replaced the defective cables I could at least test the board's functionality.

All that remains is discover how to educate the mikro as to what I want it to do, when. No difference noted between Engine autostart mode and manual, prop2 or
prop3 except that I can see the values change for prop3 when I use the read function and operate the Tx switches I have mixed for channel 8.

That's as far as I get. will keep at it.

Jerry
Stay home, build a tank save a life!

http://tanks.linite.com
jcarducci
Recruit

Post by jcarducci »

Oh jeeze, I got it! I mixed 2 switches on my 9x for channel 8 and it works! I chose elevator and trainer switches. By using the ele switch I am able to pick the function I want and operate it using the momentary trainer switch. The elevator switch basically keys the offset into the list of functions, in my case light controls and the trainer switch is the toggle to turn them off and on.

It works I'm pleased and good deal! I will probably play with mixing a pot and the trainer switch but at least this works..

WooHoo!

Jerry

Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jcarducci wrote:Oh jeeze, I got it! I mixed 2 switches on my 9x for channel 8 and it works! I chose elevator and trainer switches. By using the ele switch I am able to pick the function I want and operate it using the momentary trainer switch. The elevator switch basically keys the offset into the list of functions, in my case light controls and the trainer switch is the toggle to turn them off and on.

It works I'm pleased and good deal! I will probably play with mixing a pot and the trainer switch but at least this works..

WooHoo!

Jerry
What you should do is to emulate the encoder and distribute one channel in 12 steps for the micro, 16 for the mini, along all the switches of your radio, so every time you flick a switch it triggers the desired function, without needing to "pre select it" which is a pain and kills the fun.

If you dont have enough switches for the functions you can always program the radio using the logical switches. But considering you have a 9xtreme inside your radio, you should be able to make a radio like mine, having plenty of switches for any existent and probably future model.

Info here:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... /my-radio/
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jcarducci
Recruit

Post by jcarducci »

Rad_Schuhart wrote: But considering you have a 9xtreme inside your radio, you should be able to make a radio like mine, having plenty of switches for any existent and probably future model.

Info here:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... /my-radio/

Yep, that's what I plan to try next. Thanks Rad...

Jerry

jaro61
Recruit

Post by jaro61 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:EDIT: Hi everybody. This thread is quite old and obsolete, I wrote it when I began testing the boards. I published more detailed info and a tutorial on my website, and you can find it here:

Tutorial:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... -tutorial/
Review Benedini Mini V2:
Unfortunately, according to this video, I am not able to program the radio. I divide the channel into 17 segments, write the values according to sceenshot to TBS, but then I don't know how to assign a source to those sounds that will trigger these sounds. E.g. Throttle, Elev, Ail or any switch ....
I use OpenTX. Can anyone explain it to me? I can't handle myself.
FrSky Taranis QX7, OpenTx
RC Models: T34, King Tiger II, Tatra 813.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hello,
and welcome to the forum.
There's a remarkable wealth of knowledge here on RC Tank Warfare, so there should be no problem getting you some help. But for starters, bop on over to the "Introduce Yourself " section (viewforum.php?f=42) and give us an idea of what modeling and RC experience you have. Even if you haven't any, that just puts you in the league with many of us. After you do the introduction, you'll likely find advice galore and probably start a bit of good-natured fun, too.
Arjan1970
Recruit

Post by Arjan1970 »

Hello Hobby friends.

Hopefully someone could help me , i,m trying to get the benedini micro board connected to the TBS_FLASH.
I have ordered the programmer board usb to ttl board PL2303, according to all the clear pictures and expanation here i,m not able to connect .

Connected the micro board :

1 GND , 2 RX ,3 TX and through receiver prop1 5V , without the 5 Volt you see on the programmer blue tx and red
rx led, when receiver connected the small led on the board is flashing.
Also try'd multiple com 3 , 5 , 8 ports but the TBS-FLASH returns with same answer " Modul did not answer"

tested the programmer board using a test protocol on the pc and transmit receive works fine !!
Any comments or help would be great, .

Else I need to find another board:( , might trying to buy the TBS mini if I can find .

Regards
Arjan

Return to “Other electronics”