Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Breitlingwings »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:I guess it will take you some time until you figure how that works, but be patient. I suggest you start with an easy thing, like Prop 2 Input RC, Prop 2 Type Function 1/2. +100 of the signal will trigger the selected function, -100 will trigger the other.
Ok, will start for that easy exercise. I have a fully programable transmitter.

Prop2 on "Function 1/2" type, set up on a RC channel linked to a 3 position switch, outputting -100,0,100. Position 1 as "A11 on/off". Position 2 as "A10 on/off". A picture would be better:
Captura1.PNG
So A11 will light on and off if switch is moved from center to top, and A10 will do the same when switch is moved from center to bottom. Well... A11 does, A10 don´t. I have to cycle through A11 again to light off A10. Servo monitor on transmitter clearly shows -100,0,100. Is this a normal behaviour?
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

Ooops !! I fixed it. I saw on the Diagnostic tab that Prop2 neutral and Prop2 actual value on the center position did not match. So I offset the response curve on my transmiitter till both values were the same. Now it works as expected. :)
Captura2.PNG
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wolodya295 wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Vladimir. Russia. The city of Kazan.
I want to say a big thank you to the forum. Here is my truck.-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmBsCclO5F4

My question is, I bought an amplifier (link https://aliexpress.ru/item/32653644096. ... c011269268) and I don’t know how to connect, there is input- L, G and R. Is it necessary to connect everything? "earth" too ?. In dasmikro mini where there is a speaker too
In dasmikro mini where the speaker also has 3 contacts, do they all have to be used or only 2 where has the speaker connected before?
Beware with the amps, there is a high risk of blowing your dasmikro. It happened to me, and to many more. The ones I showed on my website and here worked fine, some other don't.

That Amp is for a stereo set up, so you only have to connect the speaker to only one of the outputs. And from the benedini board to the amp just G and either L or R. just one. Dont forget to power the amp too

And also, there is no need to buy any amp with a volume regulator knob, because you can adjust the volume just with your radio. It saves space.

And lastly, problably what you need is not an Amp but a better speaker. I found the power of the board is more than enough when a decent speaker is connected.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

Question: to program Prop2 and 3 inputs as 2-key or 12-key types, the "learn" button is required, isn´t it? I have it separated, I must solder to the board.
wolodya295
Recruit

Post by wolodya295 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
wolodya295 wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Vladimir. Russia. The city of Kazan.
I want to say a big thank you to the forum. Here is my truck.-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmBsCclO5F4

My question is, I bought an amplifier (link https://aliexpress.ru/item/32653644096. ... c011269268) and I don’t know how to connect, there is input- L, G and R. Is it necessary to connect everything? "earth" too ?. In dasmikro mini where there is a speaker too
In dasmikro mini where the speaker also has 3 contacts, do they all have to be used or only 2 where has the speaker connected before?
Beware with the amps, there is a high risk of blowing your dasmikro. It happened to me, and to many more. The ones I showed on my website and here worked fine, some other don't.

That Amp is for a stereo set up, so you only have to connect the speaker to only one of the outputs. And from the benedini board to the amp just G and either L or R. just one. Dont forget to power the amp too

And also, there is no need to buy any amp with a volume regulator knob, because you can adjust the volume just with your radio. It saves space.

And lastly, problably what you need is not an Amp but a better speaker. I found the power of the board is more than enough when a decent speaker is connected.
Hi. Once again, thank you to the forum. Special thanks to Rad_Schuhart.
1. That is, can the Dasmikro board burn out, did I understand correctly?
2. And on the Dasmikro board, connect all 3 outputs (plus, minus and ground)?
3.Now costs 8 ohms and 5W. But it seems a little. Which is better? Can there be a link?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wolodya295 wrote:
Hi. Once again, thank you to the forum. Special thanks to Rad_Schuhart.
1. That is, can the Dasmikro board burn out, did I understand correctly?
2. And on the Dasmikro board, connect all 3 outputs (plus, minus and ground)?
3.Now costs 8 ohms and 5W. But it seems a little. Which is better? Can there be a link?[/quote]

1) Yes, it happened to me. Not sure why. It happened to me with another expensive arduino sound card too. There is something I am missing and I don´t know what it is.

2) 4 wires to the amp: plus, minus for power, L (or R) and G from the speaker output to the amp. then connect the speaker to the amp in the port that works.

3) 5W is enough to make your ears bleed. Old taigen tanks were 3W and are loud way more than enough. Old heng long tanks had a 0,3 W speaker and I could heard it 20 meters away. That is why I believe the power of the benedini board is enough and you only need a better speaker with a resonance box.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Breitlingwings wrote:Question: to program Prop2 and 3 inputs as 2-key or 12-key types, the "learn" button is required, isn´t it? I have it separated, I must solder to the board.
With the version of the software you are using, you will need to solder a button there and follow step by step the Benedini instructions, (the ones regarding the 12 position encoder), If you are not installing the encoder, there is where you need to split a channel in a lot of parts, something that I believe is not possible unless you are using super programable radios running er9x, erskytx or opentx.

With the newer version of the benedini software, the button is not needed because you can manually write the prop values in the softwre, but for an easy of use you have to program the radio the same, as I showed in my website.

Plan C is the, in my opinion hobby killer way, of flickering one switch infinite times to one side to select the function, and once to the other to trigger it. Kills the fun and the smothness of the functions.
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

Rad_Schuhart wrote: With the version of the software you are using, you will need to solder a button there and follow step by step the Benedini instructions, (the ones regarding the 12 position encoder), If you are not installing the encoder, there is where you need to split a channel in a lot of parts, something that I believe is not possible unless you are using super programable radios running er9x, erskytx or opentx.
Back here again. I managed to understand what an encoder is (an optional piece of hardware) :haha:

Well, I´m not going that way. But I can program my transmitter to have up to 17 positions on a rotary knob. I won´t use so many for sure. What is not clear to me is how to trigger each of these positions. Any help on this will be welcome.

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Plan C is the, in my opinion hobby killer way, of flickering one switch infinite times to one side to select the function, and once to the other to trigger it. Kills the fun and the smothness of the functions.
How is this programmed? It could be an option for a small set of functions.
Breitlingwings
Recruit

Post by Breitlingwings »

I managed to get values for my Prop3 coder, but believe me I don´t know how I did it. It is absolutely confusing.

I see they are directly triggered when the know reaches the assigned position. I saw on your video yoy first select and then trigger with a switch.
Prop3 values.PNG
Prop3 values.PNG (11.09 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
leano81
Recruit

Post by leano81 »

foto.jpg
foto.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 2845 times
hello can you help me, my dasmikro has these values, the gas does not work, the engine does not make sound, only horn and secondary sounds work

Return to “Other electronics”