Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!

Postby ModelMaker » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
ModelMaker wrote:Okay, I changed the USB cord and downloaded a different driver. Had to turn of the wifi to get the driver to load manually.
I now have connected and green bar. When I click read Param, should that show me the sound set that is pre-loaded ? It doesn’t seem to populate.
Thanks, MM
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.usb-drivers.org/ft232r-usb-uart-driver.html/amp

Nope, even when it is there, it never reads the sound set or individual sounds flashed.
If you want to see it, you need to reflash it.

Thanks, still learning.

ModelMaker
Recruit

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:46 pm

ModelMaker wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:
ModelMaker wrote:Okay, I changed the USB cord and downloaded a different driver. Had to turn of the wifi to get the driver to load manually.
I now have connected and green bar. When I click read Param, should that show me the sound set that is pre-loaded ? It doesn’t seem to populate.
Thanks, MM
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.usb-drivers.org/ft232r-usb-uart-driver.html/amp

Nope, even when it is there, it never reads the sound set or individual sounds flashed.
If you want to see it, you need to reflash it.

Thanks, still learning.

Me too, me too.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby ModelMaker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:15 am

Well, I have managed to change the sound set, but don’t think that I will be able to control the switching with the Sanwa M12 radio I am using. It doesn’t have any three position switches, only toggle on/off, or momentary on.
I did test all the light patterns using the Flash software, it’s all there. Pretty cool module.

ModelMaker
Recruit

Postby ModelMaker » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:27 am

Okay, great news! I found a way to convert the rotary dial on my M12 so it acts like a two way toggle switch. We’re not dead yet.
Now I am able to use the Indirect 2-key coder method to activate the A pin outs.
I can get the engine start sound, but it doesn’t react to throttle inputs.. not sure what I’m missing?
I’ll give you a screen shot.
Attachments
28C4D27B-6C61-4F12-A34B-58423D4496EF.jpeg
28C4D27B-6C61-4F12-A34B-58423D4496EF.jpeg (89.48 KiB) Viewed 93 times

ModelMaker
Recruit

Postby ModelMaker » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:41 pm

So I worked on this again today and found that if I leave the ENGINE TYPE on AUTOSTART the sound set plays in conjunction with throttle inputs. But I can also turn it on/off with the selection method. I can also trigger the A pin outs.

This seems contrary to the Benedini manuals that state that no controls are available when in autostart mode. ?

I also found the the Brake (Break) and Reversing light functions work when programmed using TBS Flash, I assume this only works if your ESC has a brake function.

This unit requires a lot of trial & error so I hope this will help others.

ModelMaker
Recruit

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:53 am

Hi, the micro is using 3ch.
1) Is the throttle responsive one.
2) Is the two functions one. No need to have a three pos switch. You can program your radio to use two normal switches or push buttons.
3) Is the crazy complicated to config 12 functions channel. It helps to have a rotary switch for that, and with the rotary you select one sound, and then with a trigger button you play it. It is very advanced and needs a decent programable radio.

The break and reverse lights work when the board feels you are braking or reversing in your throttle channel, and it has nothing to do with the ESC.

And yep, the unit has a hard learning process, but in this thread and in my blog there is a nice bunch of info, hope it helps.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Previous

Return to Other electronics