Taigen V2 Control Board.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Taigen V2 Control Board.

Post by Soeren »

You said somewhere above that it has servo slots? How man and for what can they be used? Cheers.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

its so they can plug into an aftermarket 6 channel Receiver/Transmitter so you can have your own handset and Receiver
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Sorry, I might have read it wrong, but can you actually run servos for elevation and recoil?
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

nope just for the handset to change it to your own and your receiver
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I don't know what has happened to the Taigen V2 Upgrade set which when I bought one a few months ago from Forgebear came with a new Transmitter, V2 Control Board, A new and better Speaker, a Sound Module and all the wiring as well as an illustrated sheet of instructions,
Now when you go to any site
EXCEPT
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
selling the new V2 system it no longer contains the sound module or the wiring,
These are sold separately at an additional price which would certainly put me off buying the set,
The Taigen V2s price was the biggest sale point because while the board and the speaker as well as the sound module are a big improvement on the earlier Taigen or Heng Long ones this one is not as good as the Clark, IBU 2/3 Elmod etc,
And if you decide to use an aftermarket transmitter/receiver you lose the MG sound from the sound module :thumbdown:
Now its price is too close to the aftermarket competition to give it the advantage that once it had.
If Dave can still sell the complete system what is going on with the other dealers ?
The obvious thing to do if you want the whole set is to go to Dave's site.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

hi we can sell as a whole or break them there are other sounds like the sherman and chally we can get the sound units for them as well on there own but mainly we sell as the kit
dave
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Jarndice, where do you find the boards without the sound module?

Rctank.de and Hen-long-panzer.de sells them the same way as Dave.

Edit: And Taigentanks.com as well...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Arnie Hi, I am glad you found them But I raised the issue because I noticed that the Sound module and the Wiring was not included on these sites,
So if they actually are included then they need to do something about highlighting the fact because if it can cause me to think the Sound Module and the Wiring are missing then others will too.
The difficulty of finding a particular item on some dealers sites makes one wonder if they are really interested in selling product at all. Working through menu's that finish as a dead end are far too common,
And far to many Dealers require you to go through all the performance of registering with a password and ones full address details when it is your wish to pay by "Pay-Pal" who automatically register your address and have their own security which makes it a pointless pain in the backside,
The dealers site after you have submitted a full "Basket" should ask at the beginning of the checkout process how you intend paying and if it is by "Pay-Pal" that should automatically take you to their site where the transaction is completed.
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have stripped out my first Panzer 4, It was a Hang Long complete with internal battery box,
I gutted the inside of the hull and now I have a flat floor lined with "Velcro"with space for a "Tarr" Smoker, a Loudspeaker, A LiPo Battery and a "Taigen V2 control board and Sound Module", The Power switch and the Volume control will be on a cross bar under the Drivers and Radio Operators Hatches,
Neo-dymion Magnets fore and aft will lock down the Body to the Hull,
I will be fitting a working (LED) Turret MG.
I know where the wiring for that Gun goes but I do not know where the wiring for the Radio Operators MG goes,
Do I solder it to the upper body electricity accessory board the same as the Turret MG and Headlights or is there a socket in the V2 board that I have missed ?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

What TX are you using? You do know that if you use a hobby grade TX with the V2 you lose the MG, right?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Other electronics”