Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Control Board

This forum relates to the Open Source Tank Control Board (TCB). Please read the sticky and visit the main site to find out all about the board and how to install it.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Control Boa

Post by Raminator »

Without any prompting, I received a refund from HobbyKing this afternoon. I hadn't realised that I didn't need to send the TCB back to them, I wonder if they'll repost it to me or if it'll end up in the bin.

Hopefully it'll all be sorted soon, I'm sorry about the rocky start your project's been given Luke. I've enjoyed the TCB from the limited testing I've had, and I'm looking forward to seeing it succeed.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

That's good news, thanks for the report, I have heard this from others as well. Sounds like Hobby King is making good their promise.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
I made a Video of my Panther G with TCB and Benedini Soundmodul .
The Open Panzer Project: TCB + Panther G at Proving Ground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBN0oc ... e=youtu.be
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Just watched this and I'm very impressed with the realism
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Glad you got it all fixed up and working Jürgen, it drives and sounds great. I feel silly for sending mine back now, at least I could be driving around!
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

If anyone else has still not received a refund for their order, or if you were given store credit instead of an actual cash refund, please PM me with your real name and your HK order number and I will personally follow up with Hobby King about it.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Can anyone tell me if one of these units will allow a pre-sbus tx to work with an Sbus receiver?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/signal-conv ... tore=en_us

My problem is that I have a FlySky FST6 which is PWM, and of course a receiver in each of my tanks, so 9 rx's.

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to keep all of the existing kit, and simply add the converter into a tank which runs sbus only.

The other question is, if I buy a Flysky sbus tx, does it also still have pwm, which would allow me to carry on using the existing receivers?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
i think it is easier when you use a Flysky FS-A8S FS A8S 2.4G 8CH Mini Receiver with PPM i-BUS SBUS output.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Wibbly, the converter device you listed should work just fine. It kind of defeats the purpose of simplified wiring that you can get with newer receivers, but it will work.

As to your second question, yes, all advanced transmitters can still control conventional PWM receivers. Whether any given transmitter can still bind with your specific receivers, is another question that depends on brand and frequency.

If you like your FST6 you really might want to consider getting the newer FlySky FS-i6X (not the I6 without the "X"). You can find it on Banggood and elsewhere bundled with various different receivers for about $50 US. Same form factor as what you're used to, but upgraded to 10 channels. It is backwards compatible with FlySky's older receivers, which I believe is what you have (the old ones are "AFHDS" and the new ones are "AFHDS-2A" but the i6X can control them both).

The link to the i6X I gave includes a massive 10 channel receiver (that also does iBus). The receiver that Jurgen listed is a very good one, it does iBus only and is much smaller (smaller than a stamp). If you look around on Banggood you can probably find the transmitter bundled with that one instead, if you prefer. I have one and it works great.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Many thanks Luke, when I have completed a room full of projects at least I now know the best way to keep the old receivers in the old tanks and try the new ones in new tanks. :thumbup:

Rob

PS - Would you prefer a seperate section in here for the TCB, like we have for the other boards? I can create one and move this thread into it, so that all Open Panzer discussions are in the one place.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Open Panzer Tank Control Board”