Which Electronics????

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
csdnet
Recruit

Which Electronics????

Post by csdnet »

Hey People,

Warning! Noob question ahead.... :crazy:

Im really struggling with my electronics descission for my Taigen tiger 1.

What im looking for:
tank sounds (engine/movment/weapons)
Control (Good handling/effects)
Easy to setup.
Possibly work with a 10 channel

I have been looking at the IBU3 and the ASP2+Turnigy 9

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers... :thumbup:
Newbie to rc Tanks...
Taigen Tiger 1 Late
Taigen KV1

Good source of 1/16 Tank upgrades: http://norwegianrctank.weebly.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Which Electronics????

Post by jarndice »

Both are good But The main IBU3 Man (Ian) is a member of this Forum "TANKMAN" and is about as helpful as a dealer could ever be whereas the top class ASP2 is from Australia and Kevin who is the main ASP Man is a Flawed genius and it takes the application of thumbscrews before useful information is forthcoming from him, :lolno:
Seriously If you need more information about the ASP2 you should start with the ----
http://www.rctanksaustralia.com/
I am the happy user of both the IBU2 Pro and the ASP as well as the Clark T22 and In my unworthy opinion the IBU2 Pro is superior to the ASP and the Clark, but I have no idea about the relative strengths and weaknesses of the IBU3 or the ASP2 or the Clark T60.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
csdnet
Recruit

Post by csdnet »

Hey Shaun,

In all honesty the IBU3 is my first choice also, another member recommended them to me and also has youtube videos of his tanks running the board. I was considering a 10 channel radio, what radio are you running with your IBU3?

Cheers :thumbup:
Newbie to rc Tanks...
Taigen Tiger 1 Late
Taigen KV1

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, I don't have an IBU3 I use IBU2 PROs with a TPA sound upgrade board as well as Clark T22 and ASP boards,
The Radio of choice is the now superseded Turnigy TGY9x ,There is an identical Radio to the TGY9x which is still available, the FLYSKY 9 they both share the same receiver,
But whatever Radio you get I would strongly advise you to download the Tank software which is available on the earlier mentioned RCTA site because driving and fighting a Tank is very frustrating using a Radio configured for an Aircraft/ Helicopter or drone.
Just one thing do make sure the radio you get has a couple of rotary or slider controls for the speakers as dedicated Aircraft radios don't usually have any sound controls
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Shaun, what changes does the tank firmware make to a turnigy radio vs using the plane or glider mode?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

My vote goes to the ASP 2.

About the radio I said it many many times. The tanker software is outdated and abandoned. People with the turnigy 9x, flysky 9x or turnigy 9xR pro should download and install the latest software at http://www.er9x.com

For the plain 9x its a must due to the stock software is a real pain in the ass and really bad designed.

Even the one who created the tanker software recommends that. Thats says all.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

I would say the top amongs Boards now is the IBU3 and the Clark TK 60 ( I must confess and say I have not tried Emod ore asp Board )

IBU3 now uses pc setup, and once drivers and software program is installed , the process of setting up the Board and changing out sounds is pritty straigh forward. The software program is easy to understand , and have buttons for each step/Programming you want to do .
footprint is a tad on the large size , sound vise it's a good step up from the IBU 2-pro , and now stores the soundslots on flash, rather than IBU2's SD card, and this means it has great transistions between the sounds steps . easy uppgrades via usb dongle, and Ivano allready have made it it

Here are a few 'sound' video's of the IBU3
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

TK60
the New Clark Board now have ability to change soundsets by enduser, and uppgrade software via usb programmer. footprint is smaller than the ibu3.
the Programming software is more Limited than the IBU3 provides ,and are With 'Asian' buttons ( atm ) but With the English manual explaining each button it's not that hard to uppload a New sound package. But still not so user friendly as the IBU3 software .

I use my Cards alongside With the DKLM-RC gearbox for the most part ( and 4/1 ) and they both drive pritty much the same .

TK60 soundsets
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
csdnet
Recruit

Post by csdnet »

I think it will be the IBU3, maxmekker! Love that KV, looks awsome... 8) So is the tank tx software still viable to use? Am a little confused on the tx firmware, still learning lol!

Will upgrading the gearboxes to DKLM aswell, does the IBU3 works with those straight off the bat?
Newbie to rc Tanks...
Taigen Tiger 1 Late
Taigen KV1

maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

csdnet wrote:I think it will be the IBU3, maxmekker! Love that KV, looks awsome... 8) So is the tank tx software still viable to use? Am a little confused on the tx firmware, still learning lol!

Will upgrading the gearboxes to DKLM aswell, does the IBU3 works with those straight off the bat?
As for the DKLM gearboxes ( I will Stock those in Norway , in a short while) all you have to do is to tick of a spot in the program / software for the card , and save, and it will be ready to run .

Like this .

Ibu3+dklm gearbox , and home made soundset

phpBB [video]

not sure I understood 100% what you meant by 'is the tank tx software still viable to use' sorry :shifty:
Drammen Rock City
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

csdnet wrote:I think it will be the IBU3, maxmekker! Love that KV, looks awsome... 8) So is the tank tx software still viable to use? Am a little confused on the tx firmware, still learning lol!

The tank software is viable to use, but OUTDATED and ABbANDONED. As I said even the creator recommends to use the new er9x software which is superior to the tanker one.

In fact the tank software (tanker9x) ist just and old version of er9x but with a few different words.

About the ASP board. Well, please take a look to this: http://www.rctanksaustralia.com/guides/ ... title=Asp2

It has hundreds of more functions than the ibu3 and its cheaper.
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “Other electronics”