PLUGS/CONNECTORS

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
ONeal
Private

PLUGS/CONNECTORS

Post by ONeal »

what are the female plugs on a Taigen/ Ibu2 board called. If I want a replacement for battery terminal what are the specs. 16 qauge? My female end is fried! Thanks, O'Neal
jarndice
Colonel

Re: PLUGS/CONNECTORS

Post by jarndice »

O-Neal Hi, Do you mean the power switch which comprises 3 cables connecting the switch, the TAMIYA socket and the plug to the control board?
If so go to
www.welshdragonmodels.com
and wander through the menu and you will find it under miscellaneous electronic upgrades. :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ONeal
Private

Post by ONeal »

I have identified them.... it's a JST-XH plug 2 pole 18awg leads . found a pair on Ebay, $5 out of Hong Kong. Can't find a source to make my own. Ordered fuses from digikey in Illinois 2 days to get here. Now it'll be 10 days for a simple connector to arrive. At this rate.... my Tiger will collect a nice coat of dust. Maybe I should put it outside and let the sun beat down on it for that natural weathered look.
Thanks for the reply... will check out welshdragon!
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

ONeal wrote:I have identified them.... it's a JST-XH plug 2 pole 18awg leads . found a pair on Ebay, $5 out of Hong Kong. Can't find a source to make my own. Ordered fuses from digikey in Illinois 2 days to get here. Now it'll be 10 days for a simple connector to arrive. At this rate.... my Tiger will collect a nice coat of dust. Maybe I should put it outside and let the sun beat down on it for that natural weathered look.
Thanks for the reply... will check out welshdragon!
We've all been there at some point waiting for parts. On the plus side the more you go into the hobby the bigger your spares box becomes which will help you out in the future. Also keep an eye on ebay for broken HL/Taigen tanks which are cheap as you could buy for the parts.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “Other electronics”