Clark TK20/22 PDF Instruction Booklet & Remote Guide

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

Clark TK20/22 PDF Instruction Booklet & Remote Guide

Post by B.A.D.A.S.S.Force »

Just thought I'd post up a link to a printable PDF file of the entire TK20/22 Series instructions & information page. I have printed it all out & stapled it into a handy guide booklet myself so I can take it anywhere for quick reference.

Clark has been known to change the page quite often in the past, so though this document was created very late in the month of February 2013, & I haven't noticed any real changes, but I did not go over every single part of it to compare what is on Clark's TK20 Series page currently, so all the information in this particular version may not be 100% accurate.

I have also created a quick reference graphic to match up the Clark board function settings to the appropriate key on the RM-964 remote Clark sells for programming the boards. It certainly isn't necessary, but I believe it can help & be quicker to find things on the graphic some times, rather than going through the entire PDF booklet.

Hopefully this is helpful for some members.

~ Craig ~

PS: One difference between Clark's current website information & the PDF booklet, as well as the remote graphic below, is the addition of a "Turret Damage Simulation" setting, which can be turned On or Off.
Clark only mentioned this function recently, & to be quite frank, I have no idea if any boards sent out already will have the function. I believe the function may only be an available option on the TK22 boards too, & not on the TK20 boards, though I am not certain.
The RM-964 remote graphic below shows the appropriate programming key for this new function, & the PDF booklet outlines this function towards the very end of the booklet, something which Clark has not yet added to his own website, but have added to the booklet in case someone gets a board with the function, & wants to test it.
If your board does not have this function on it, instead of getting the correct 1 or 2 LED indicator flash responses while trying to program the option On & Off, you will probably be met with about 56 continual flashes instead.

EDIT 05/13/2013: I have now created 2 newer updated PDF files, follow the link below to the post that has them
viewtopic.php?p=95652#p95652

Printable Programming Quick Guide Image
Last edited by B.A.D.A.S.S.Force on Mon May 13, 2013 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
(¯`·._.·´¯`·._ ? B.A.D.A.S.S. F?rce Club F?under ? _.·´¯`·._.·´¯)
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Clark TK20/22 PDF Instruction Booklet & Remote Guide

Post by MichaelC »

Very nice Craig..... Thank You !
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Oh Craig, Somewhere out there are two 17 year old blondes waiting to keep you warm tonight. Thank you for a brilliant download. I shall actually know what to do when my Clark board comes. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

Thanks guys, it's nice knowing at least a couple other people besides myself liked it & might use it.

But I have to bring some more unexpected & disappointing news into this thread, that may affect some Clark board owners, & it's regarding the remotes used to program the boards.

As you can see on Clark's website & in my labeled graphic, the remote is shown to be a branded Sony RM-964, however, it seems Clark had substituted another brand remote because this Sony remote was supposedly having shortage issues.

The brand & remote substituted for the Sony was the Yinxiang RM-964 remote.

All the previous Clark boards sold had used a single IR code 58 for programming the "Speed reduction in badly damaged state" function.

On the Sony remote, the button used for programming this function is the "DRC-MF" button, which supposedly should work to program that function on the Clark boards as expected using the Sony branded remote he was selling, however, this same button will not work to program the function when using the replacement Yinxiang RM-964 remotes he sold, because evidently, the Yinxiang remote sends out an IR code 57 for that button instead.

Of course, Clark at this time said he doesn't have any Yinxiang remotes on hand to test to see if they are all sending an IR code 57 with the DRC-MF button, but we do suspect they will.

I unfortunately found this out recently, & was the individual who alerted Clark of this issue, after receiving one of these Yinxiang remotes myself. I thought I was getting a Sony remote when I ordered, but the Yinxiang remote came to my door instead. I really didn't care at first, I was just expecting a fully compatible Clark board programming remote since it was coming directly from Clark, & figured that was what I received.

However, when I had gone to program my recently upgraded Clark boards (which were originally TK20 boards & are now TK22 versions), for the badly damaged state function, after pressing the DRC-MF button on the Yinxiang remote, my indicator LEDs would only blink 57 times, & therefore not allow me to program the function properly. The 57 blinks indicates the board is not programmed for that code, therefore it returns the code back in the same number of blinks on the indicator LED.

The other unfortunate thing about the Yinxiang remote, is that no other button seems to generate the IR 58 code either, so it's impossible to program that function on currently owned Clark boards, using the Yinxiang RM-964 remote!

Clark has told me he is adding the IR code 57 to that function, so that both the 57 & 58 codes will be acceptable to program it on the boards, meaning that both the Sony & Yinxiang RM-964 remotes will work fine on any Clark board that will be sent out from now on, though this doesn't really help anyone who already has a Clark board & has received one of these Yinxiang remotes for programming already.

If anyone else has one of these Yinxiang RM-964 remotes & can test this out as well, please do & then post to either confirm these findings or refute them, thanks.

~ Craig ~
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

As an update to my last post, Clark has responded to the remote issue on another forum, & is stepping up to correct it for any customer experiencing the issue, good business!
Here is a quote from Clark from over on RCUniverse;
  • "Hello All,

If you have remote that has Yinxiang mark on it, you can ship it back to us for exchange, shipping cost is on us.

We will also change wording "SONY TV remote" to "configuration IR remote" as remote that has Yinxiang or SONY mark on it are the same to us, we ship both base on supply status.

Regards,
    Clark
    "
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

good post mate, helped me out a lot about these boards :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Craig, how come the clak website doesn't have the turret damage on/off as per your instruction booklet ? I thought yours is based on their website. If not where did you get your info ?
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Never mind...... Just re-read your initial post. My bad.
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

MichaelC wrote:Never mind...... Just re-read your initial post. My bad.
LOL ... remember, always read twice & post once!!!!    ;)   just kidding ...

Yeah, the function itself is actually listed on his website on the TK20 Series page under the section labeled "Variants", but the actual programming of the function isn't, however, I was told by Clark how to do it after asking him about it directly.

None of my TK22 boards have that function though ...    :thumbdown:   :'(

~ Craig ~
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

LOL, I should say to anyone, always read twice & post once, right :{ ... well just to zing myself, I actually have the Turret Damage Simulation keys listed incorrectly in the PDF file (on the remote graphic it's correct), duh ... the keys listed in the PDF file under the function should read, "Teletext OFF" or "[]", & not be listed as "Display" or "[]" ... :problem:

If you downloaded the PDF already, oopppssss, sorry for that blunder, I am making the correction now & will update the PDF file link as soon as I'm done!!!

~ Craig ~

Return to “Other electronics”