Electronics for Asiatam Famo - for the benighted

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Koenigstiger 007
Recruit

Re: Electronics for Asiatam Famo - for the benighted

Post by Koenigstiger 007 »

Hello Herr Doktor Professor,

the FAMO is a fascinating vehicle and the Asiatam kit is great. Only the chains are a small weak point, as they tear at a certain point - so you should always have enough spares. My described combination is also great, as it is electronically uncomplicated and requires little adjustment work. In addition, the support from sgs and Thomas Benedini is excellent. If you have any questions, please let us know - it would also work directly.

Kind regards

Guenther :thumbup:
>>make love - not Schrott (scrap metal)
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hallo Herr Doktor Professor,

here a video of my sWS with the SGS TVC-M-10-HT => https://www.sgs-electronic.de/webshop/p ... vc-m-10-ht :

phpBB [video]

Regards
Jürgen
Last edited by jhamm on Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Nice that turns really well.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
thank you.
This is because the 5A dual speed controller is with integrated mixer for steering assistance in half-track vehicles.
The Famo and the sWS were only steerable at very slow speeds via the front wheels.
The "steering brake" acted on the tracks and thus a smaller steering radius was achieved.
Up to the full steering deflection the speed of the track on the inside of the curve is reduced proportionally to approx. 50%.
I use the TVC-M-10-HT in most of my half-truck vehicles.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That is the kind of steering I would like. I am looking into getting one of the TVC boards from Germany. I will keep you all updated as I regre…unh, progress.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Progress on the Famo has been at a standstill, as I am looking for the right electronics. On Königstiger's helpful advice, on July 2 I tried ordering electronics from https://www.sgs-electronic.de/. I could not see how to pay them immediately, so I wrote a note through the "Contact" page. So far, no response...

Until I can lay out the electronics and get it functioning, I leave details, paint, etc., alone. I hope soon to give you an update.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hello Herr Professor,
I will assist:
"Die Bezahlung des Kaufpreises erfolgt grundsätzlich per Vorkasse."
The payment of the purchase price is always made in advance.
you can order as a guest or register there..
i recommend to register
After completion of the order you get an order confirmation
after that you will receive a mail with the order confirmation and the bank details => payment by bank transfer
Mr. Stelzer usually answers very quickly,
but it may be that he is very busy with his main business (electro construction).
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Thank you, Herr Hamm. I did register, and order has been noted, but I cannot see a means by which to pay. Just now I have left another message offering to pay by a means Herr Stelzer indicates.

Danke, Herr Hamm. Ich registrierte ehe ich die Bestellung gemacht hatte. Aber ich kann keine Bezahlungsweise finden. Ich bezahle gern mit eine Bezahlungsweise Herr Stelzer gibt an.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Just an update on SGS electronics: Mr. R. Stelzer had responded to my inquiry immediately. Then he sent another note that google was rejecting his email as "spam." I have given him another email address to reach me, so the electronics will soon be paid for and on there way across the ocean. Hats off to R. Stelzer and SGS Electronics!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I am passing on here excerpts of an email from Rainer Stelzer, SGS Electronics. Herr Stelzer is being so remarkably helpful to me!

"Asiatams Famo is a long story. Normally we suggest using one of these:
#A halftrack controller without light: https://www.sgs-electronic.de/webshop/p ... vc-m-10-ht
#B halftrack controller with light: https://www.sgs-electronic.de/webshop/p ... c-m-10l-ht
#C: halftrack controller with light, sound (amplifier included) and an extra ESC for a winch:
https://www.sgs-electronic.de/webshop/p ... -trf-05-ht

"All theses controllers do reduce the speed of the curve inner motor when turning to max 50% of the outer motor. This supports the steering enough to go narrow curves.

"At some point in time Asiatam changed the motors and limiting the speed to only 50% was not enough. A further reduction is needed With the controllers above this could not be changed. So some users bought the smallest Double ESC with setable Mixer (TVC-B10) and selected a mixer that reduces down to 0% in the curve.

"Please check the following: upply one Motor with a voltage up to the rated voltage and the other one with 50% of this voltage. Is the resulting radius small enough?"

Return to “Other electronics”