Benedini's TBS Mini V2 Review

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Benedini's TBS Mini V2 Review

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Ok I already wrote half of the tutorial, but then I realized it was a bit confusing because of the differences between the Mini and the Micro.
So I had to do write a small review of the Micro pointing at the differences.

https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... -dasmikro/

Now that the differences are well explained there, I can focus in how to make it work.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I now have 3 of the mini's, and a couple of the micro's. The mini is far easier to work with, but what it does not have is the push button that makes life easier when setting things up. There are two contacts on the board where the button would go, so these can be shorted, or a button added either directly or via fly leads.

From what I can see the button is needed to set up the throttle positions for idle, full throttle and reverse, so that the sounds stay in synch with the tx.

The Chinese mini comes without any sounds pre-loaded, so users will either need to make their own, or get hold of the Benedini files. There are tutorials on You Tube that explain how to make them, Audacity (free) is excellent for this, but it will take a short while to learn how to use it.

Rad - What would be really useful to newbies is a link to the amp, and wiring diagrams to install it. A volume control installation guide would also be great. Wiring scares the life out of many, but clear instructions help enormously. :wave:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wibblywobbly wrote:I now have 3 of the mini's, and a couple of the micro's. The mini is far easier to work with, but what it does not have is the push button that makes life easier when setting things up. There are two contacts on the board where the button would go, so these can be shorted, or a button added either directly or via fly leads.

From what I can see the button is needed to set up the throttle positions for idle, full throttle and reverse, so that the sounds stay in synch with the tx.

The Chinese mini comes without any sounds pre-loaded, so users will either need to make their own, or get hold of the Benedini files. There are tutorials on You Tube that explain how to make them, Audacity (free) is excellent for this, but it will take a short while to learn how to use it.

Rad - What would be really useful to newbies is a link to the amp, and wiring diagrams to install it. A volume control installation guide would also be great. Wiring scares the life out of many, but clear instructions help enormously. :wave:
Hi Wibbly. Indeed as I wrote in my blog, the Mini is easier to work with. Even more than you think, because that push button is not needed at all for setting the things on it. You can do everything with the board connected to the computer, also even manually setting the prop inputs needed for triggering all the functions and the throttle. I preffer to do it that way, because you see what you are doing and also it will help you to understand how a RC thing works. The software for the Micro does not let you manually write those inputs. Shame!

Also, do NOT solder anything to the small inputs in the micro, because those two pins and the two next to it are needed for connecting the board to the computer, flashing the sounds and programming the lights among more things.

About the amp, as I said you can use any you want, just write 3W (or more) amp on your fauvorite internet shop. The one I had is this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3275071 ... b201603_52

Wiring will be explained but it is easy. one of the connectors I soldered is the battery input (warning, max 5 volts in that amp) the other connector goes in the speaker output of the board. And those two free pins are for connecting the speaker. Thats all. But as mentioned in the blog, try another speaker first.

(PD I am still waiting for Herr Jarndice's Panzer IV pics :D )
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

As requested by some of you, here is the tutorial, first version. Still needs some polishing because is a bit rough, but I am on it:

https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... -tutorial/

Enjoy!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey, Rad, I went ahead and skimmed over your tutorial and it looks really good. You've almost convinced me to buy a genuine benedini. I might pick one up sometime in the next couple of months and use it in my 250 half track. I'll be using a FlySky I-10 radio, but I don't really want to put in additional selectors or switches. When I have more time I will more thoroughly read you tutorial but I think I'll be able to find all the answers there. Thanks a lot for doing this, Rad, this is a great help to a lot of people. And don't worry about getting boring, those that get bored don't deserve it anyway.

I did find one thing in your thread that kind of got Lost in Translation, though. Rad, my brother, it's selling like hot cakes, not hot bread. @) :/ 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

That piece of clear and understandable prose has just been placed in my "Favourite's Folder",
Thank you Rad yet more commonsense from someone who knows their subject :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I've been using the standard truck sounds in all my cheap truck builds but now you've inspired me to do more. Thanks mate! :thumbup:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max U52: True, It was indeed a lost in translation mistake. In Spain we say hot bread. Ill correct it ASAP. And no worries, you don´t need to modify your radio. I don't have an i10, but the radio might be flexible enough to let you do what I did... Or at least, partially. Uptade us if you try!

Jarndice: Thank you! :D
Morebread
Recruit

Post by Morebread »

super helpful! thanks!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Morebread wrote:super helpful! thanks!
Thank you for taking the time to read and to thank!

Return to “Other electronics”