Dead Tamiya Receiver Unit

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
Olifant
Recruit

Dead Tamiya Receiver Unit

Post by Olifant »

Hi

Has anyone repaired a Battle unit apple. There is no response to hits nor does the unit hit other tanks. Changing apple solves the problem. I suspect that it maybe the IR diode is faulty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

George
Too many toys, too little time.
FreakyDude
Corporal

Re: Dead Tamiya Receiver Unit

Post by FreakyDude »

this is probly not your apple. Taking hits it could be the answer but giving hits has nothing to do with the apple. either both your sender and reciever diodes are toast or there is a loose connection, plug unseated or worse yet something wrong with the mfu. do you have a voltage reader? if so see if you can find where you are losing your signal, start at the diodes and work backwards.
this is where I would start but I am not a Tamiya guy so maybe I am just crazy lol :crazy:
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill
buckeye36
Lance Corporal

Post by buckeye36 »

Tamiya's won't fire the IR without the apple installed, so probably is a bad apple.
Tamiya Tiger 1, Tamiya M4 (105) HVSS, Tamiya Jagdpanther G1, ElMod Jagdpanther G2, ElMod KV-1E, ElMod StuG 40 G
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

Tamiya MFU's are also lifetime warranty.
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

X82d Pathfinder wrote:Tamiya MFU's are also lifetime warranty.
Only in the USA!
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

If anyone needs to exchange them, I will handle the exchange state side and return them to you. Of course you'll have to cover postage cost both ways and to Tamiya.
-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim

Return to “Tamiya”