Radio advice required please

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
moatmeister
Recruit

Radio advice required please

Post by moatmeister »

Hi

Very new to all this so basic advice required please.

Have had a Tamiya full option tiger kit for a couple of years 'in stock', intend to start it this christmas. Need to get the RC gear. the Acoms  or technoplus or Futaba 4 ch seems to have been the past standard, but I would prefer to use the newer 2.4ghz sectrum systems if possible.

I have read on the www  that these can be used successfully with all functions except the tamiya sound system. which is an option I would like to use. Is this correct and if so has anyone got any further advice on a solution, or should I stick with the tried and tested radios?
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Radio advice required please

Post by tiger205 »

hi  moatmeister, youre idea of the 2.4ghz radio gear is a good way to go, but i would recommend the futaba 6ex 2.4ghz, i have been using this with my HL tiger for somewhile now, and its great, i believe it will work with the tamiya sound system aswell, i will be getting a tam sherman tommorow ;D, and i intend using the futaba with this tank also

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

I have two Spektrum DX6i radios and they work fine with all my Tamiya tanks. Not sure what you mean when you say the Spektrum is not successful with Tamiya sound system though.

Chris ;D
moatmeister
Recruit

Post by moatmeister »

Cheers Chris,

info was from this site based in the US, http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.p ... opic=46903

where a member, stefan, said it could all work but there was no start up sound.

However, if you have got it all up and running, thats great. I will try and do the same!!
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi there the Spektrum DX5I will work as well but it only has one model memmory the DX6I has ten model memory .if you intend to have more than one tank the Dx6 may be better the next tank just have to buy another receiver.

regards pete
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Hi Moatmeister

If you need any help setting it up just let me know. I don't know what Stefan meant but it might be he was using the earlier Spektrum DX6 (which is quite a bit different)

Cheers

Chris ;D
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

971wright wrote: Hi there the Spektrum DX5I will work as well but it only has one model memmory.
Pete - Matt would like some info on the DX5e radio as he's thinking of getting one.
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

I have a couple of Dx5e's, tho I've not used them in anger yet - waiting for The Blitz to get my DBCRC2 sets to me  ;)
The radio's are very simple, there's no computer for mixing channels or storing anything - think of it as a basic "no frills" 2.4GHz radio.
Mine came with AA alkaline batteries, altho you can also run it off NiCd or NiMH cells. I have a separate rapid charger for my batteries, but the radio has the same charge port as a Dx6 / Dx6i so if you have one of those you can charge that way as well.
They will talk to AR6000/AR6002 and BR6000 receivers.

I'll post more once I have some kit to hook them up to  ;)
Mart
Aus_Tank
Recruit

Post by Aus_Tank »

I have both a DX6i/BR6000 and an DX5e/AR500. The DX6 is hooked up to my Tiger 1 using Elmod gear with the Dx5 on my Sherman. Both work well.

Phill
H/L Late Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf.E ,Tam Sherman 105 and Tam Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger II Ausf. B
Königstiger
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Thanks for resurecting this Phil - I still haven't reported back on the Dx5e and DBC2RC!

Basically it works, but I have been unable to get the shutdown feature on channel 5 to operate without losing some of the other functions:
Without channel 5 connected I can get machine gun on half down left stick and airsoft on full down left stick, with elevation on half up left stick and IR fire on full up.
With channel 5 connected I can turn the tank on and off, but lose elevation and MG functions.

Admittedly I haven't questioned The Blitz about this, but it seems consistant with the function of channel 6 (rotary potentiometer) of my Hitec Laser 6 - all the way off tank shuts down, half way makes  machine gun operate on up left stick and airsoft (or recoil on my T34) on down left stick, and at full setting IR fires on up left stick and elevation operates on down left stick.

If anybody has got the shutdown working with full fuction on the left stick (or right if you have a 'south paw' radio!) give me a yell!
Thanks,
Mart

Return to “Tamiya”