gearbox

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
jbernielh
Recruit

gearbox

Post by jbernielh »

early 2000 build 1/16 tiger 1 early production
has the original gearbox and motors.. very low mileage..
after sitting for years I've been going through it and fixing issues.. today I discovered the right gearbox seems to be binding slightly at slow RPM.. I removed both gearboxes from the tank and then removed the motors from the gearboxes.. spinning the gearbox by rotating the drive spindle both gearboxes felt identical.. likewise i can spin the gearbox with the left motor installed but the right seems to bind it up.. not sure if thats a true test or not.. I see the 380 motors are readily available but not so sure about removing the drive gear and installing on a new motor..

anyhow, after searching for the stock gearbox tamiya part # 4205018 i see they are obsolete... I've searched the forum for information on aftermarket gearbox/motor units that will fit this tank and I can't seem to figure out the ones that might be applicable.. appreciate any input..

thx
Bernie
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: gearbox

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, :D
it would be nice to go through the "introduce yourself" box, which unless I'm mistaken? to ?t? omitted? know what you are doing in the RC, where you are, etc. it is more user-friendly :thumbup:
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

^ do this please.

Its quite possible the current production gearboxes would fit, but there is not much point in us posting links to where you can get them if we don't know where abouts in the world you are from?
jbernielh
Recruit

Post by jbernielh »

thanks for the reply's
I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
I'm not a hard core RC guy, just enjoy building and driving it around occasionally

Bernie
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Give these a look: http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/searchres ... =10&page=5

The picture is a little out of date (probably shows the ones you have rather than the current version), you will need to buy the left and the right gearboxes.

Return to “Tamiya”