Questions re DMD-MF01 and T-03 connections

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Questions re DMD-MF01 and T-03 connections

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

BlueWotsit57 wrote:As a follow on from this the Transmitter worked straight away

The only strange thing from all its default settings is firing the guns

The manual says push the trim either full down or full up, the flick the control left control stick either up or down

I am finding (which makes it a lot easier) is that I can leave the trim in the centre position and just move the control stick either up or down to get the respective gun to fire - cannot work out why this should be though - not that Im complaining :D

Lucky man, in that case! :thumbup: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I think that your Futaba radio really limits your setup options considering it’s cost. If you ever get a chance (or the desire) I suggest a radio with more switches and programmability so that you could assign a switch to fire the main gun and another switch for lights, engine startup etc. Just a thought.
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Jimster I had thought of having the guns or one of them on one of the spare channels on this TX but could not see a way of doing this
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

if you don't have a programmable radio it is possible to rewire the handset to add switches, but the tutorials online that used to explain this are long gone - if you don't need to do this its probably bet to not pick up the soldering iron and mess something up ;)
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Tiger6 I feel the same about not trying to dismantle and resolder a TX - there are two spare channels on it a flick switch and a rotary - so adding something like lights is always a possibility in the future but not something Im contemplating at the moment

I've plenty of other TXs for my boats and also an 8 channel I think it is, I-sky one if I could find where I stored it !!!
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I used to have a Planet T5 with ‘fire’ switches for my battling tiger. My good friend Paul did the wiring.

Return to “Tamiya”