Tamiya West German Leopard Tank A4

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
jeffrey.vine
Recruit

Tamiya West German Leopard Tank A4

Post by jeffrey.vine »

Hi due to lock Down i have finally tried to finish my Leopard A4 which I bought 15yrs ago. I got all the controls to work which was a supprise but when I ran it in the garden I have lost the retaining bushes which hold the main wheels on the track. can anyone sell said bushes or tell me ware I can buy some.
Also the battery I have which says to charge for16hrs lasted 4 minites what would you exspect from a battery to last and what battery would you advise to get.
I am just retired so this is my first attempt at finding something to do, any help greatly received.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya West German Leopard Tank A4

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Is it a nicad battery? Time is not a friend of nicads. I use NiMh batteries in my tanks, though I know an increasing number of people use lipos. NiMh are, to my mind, more user friendly. 3200mah or more should give you a good running time.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Please don't think me unwelcoming BUT too many people come to the Forum thinking it is a Mr Fixit site.
It is not,
When you signed up you would have been sent an introductory PM (Private Message) asking you to first go to the Introductory part of the menu and give us a brief resume of yourself,
Where in the World you are, What sparked your interest in the Hobby, that kind of thing and then we can say Hi and offer help.
In the meantime do not be surprised if you do not get many answers to your problem until you do bother to say hallo.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Vine :wave:

As I'm not familiar with those bushes you speak of, and I don't think they would be an easy part to acquire, although I may be wrong. Are you able to measure them to see if they can be obtained by other means.

As for the battery, I agree with Mr silversurfer1947 about NiMh batteries, especially if your electronics are old and probably won't support lipos.

If you don't know a place to get your batteries, try here.
Component-Shop - Buy RC & ASG Batteries, LED, battery, lead, connector
https://www.componentshop.co.uk/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jeffrey.vine
Recruit

Post by jeffrey.vine »

The bushes I need are overall 17mmlong 8mm Dia with a 4mm hole up the middle to screw onto the shaft they have a stop after 11mm to go up against the road wheels which go round the track. I would post apicture but not sure how to upload one.
If someone can give me the code number for the bush I can then try and source some, on my parts manual they are B1 but that's all.
Thanks for any help
Jeff
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Are they more like an elongated nut that the wheel rotates on?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200427-122212.jpg

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Have you thought about putting a fresh bag in your vacuume cleaner and vacuuming your grass?

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

This looks like what you need, but sadly they're out of stock.

B Parts (B1-B9) for Tamiya 56002, 56003, 36207, 36208 Tamiya 10005213 - Axels Modellbau Shop
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... 36208.html

jeffrey.vine
Recruit

Post by jeffrey.vine »

Thanks that is the part I need now at least I can order some iff they are being made.

Thanks for your help

Jeff

Return to “Tamiya”