tamiya pershing with flysky FS-t6 controller

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
paulc
Private

tamiya pershing with flysky FS-t6 controller

Post by paulc »

Hi all I have nearly finished building my pershing and wondered has anyone used the flysky Fs-t6 with thier tanks as I got one cheep. are they easy to set up and anything I need to know in advance
Tamiya tanks X2 Shermans, JS2, KV1,KV2, Pershing, x2 Tiger, King tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: tamiya pershing with flysky FS-t6 controller

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I think wibblywobbly used one for all his tanks.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

One thing for would-be RC tankers to bear in mind, is that transmitters really need to have spring-loaded, self-centring (real English spelling :D ) gimbals. Most TXs are set up for flying machines, and these require a throttle that is essentially static, after being moved. Thus, they don't have both gimbals set up as self-centring.
Your Flysky will probably need a little kit to enable self-centring. (Usually a spring, together with a small lever). Like this: https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/Fly-Sky- ... ition.html
Fly Sky gimbal adaptor from Licmas Tank
Fly Sky gimbal adaptor from Licmas Tank
Fly sky adaptor- Licmas.jpg (30.98 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
I've just ordered the somewhat pricey Taranis Q X7, and this has both gimbals as self-centring by default. :) Hope this all helps :thumbup:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I use a FlySky i6X, purchased from tankbear, which came with the necessary bits which I fitted myself. Before that for a long time I used an ordinary FlySky i6 with no self centering on the throttle. I got used to it. I just had to be careful not to knock the stick.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
paulc
Private

Post by paulc »

Hi all connected all the electrics up and could not get the thing to recognise the controller. tested with an old fm system I got and everything works fine. To be honest I know nothing about the digital systems any ideas folks?.
Tamiya tanks X2 Shermans, JS2, KV1,KV2, Pershing, x2 Tiger, King tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

paulc wrote:Hi all connected all the electrics up and could not get the thing to recognise the controller. tested with an old fm system I got and everything works fine. To be honest I know nothing about the digital systems any ideas folks?.
Did you bind the receiver with the radio?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
paulc
Private

Post by paulc »

hi all ive tried a number of times but just cannot get the rx and tx to bind. about to give and just buy a different brand when funds permit.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Perhaps this will help, Various radio/receiver combinations have different and sometimes surprising ways of binding one to the other,
When all else fails go to U-Tube and type in the details of your radio,
You will almost always find a tutorial which will take you by the hand and help you to solve your problem.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

This is probably asking the stupid question, but have you got the correct receiver? The T6 uses a different protocol from the i6. Can you post a photo of your receiver? I have never had a problem binding the i6.
Richard

Return to “Tamiya”