need help with the King tiger electronics

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
panzershreck
Recruit

need help with the King tiger electronics

Post by panzershreck »

I am facing some electronic and mechanical issues with my new KT and the turnigy 9x Tx/9x8c Rx. I will be posting the electronic issues here and mechanical issues in another subforum.

the tx is setup in mode 1, where left stick controls throttle and turret rotation. right stick controls gun elevation and steering. right stick also fires the MG and is supposed to fire the main gun. I've checked the DMD manual (with a misleading booklet cover. I guess i should never judge a book by its cover), rebind tx/rx many times, setup the DMD units multiple times and problems remain.

1. I know I am suppose to hold or push the right trim button downwards and down stick quickly to fire the MG. But sometimes it doesn't work. I'm not sure if I am supposed to press and hold the trim button while pulling the stick or something else.

2. The manual also states that pushing the trim button up and pushing the stick up will fire the main gun. But no matter how I tried, nothing works. Pushing up and holding the trim button until I hear a different beeping sound and rapidly pushing the stick up doesn't help either.

3. there's a switch labelled SW3, which is meant for testing and it raises more questions than it answers. At first I thought that the barrel recoil and flash unit was broken/DMD electronics was damaged or the issues lies with the tx itself.

the flash unit fires, the barrel recoils back fully, extends halfway, extends fully and repeats the whole process and there is a half second delay between each step of the cycle. is that normal?

4. Both the gun elevation and turret rotation gears makes a lot of noise when it moves in 1 direction but it's near silent when moving in the opposite direction

Issues that sort of got fixed or mysteriously disappeared
After the first round of calibration and binding, I had faced the gun elevation unit lowering the barrel faster than it raises.
At 1 point, the barrel elevation was only able to lower the barrel and wouldn't raise the barrel no matter what. It went away after a few rounds of binding and calibration.
B_Man
Corporal

Re: need help with the King tiger electronics

Post by B_Man »

What firmware do you have on your radio? To fix the main gun and MG issue you may need to go into the setup page and make sure "E. Limits" is turned on. Then go to your mixer and set whatever channel you use for the gun to 125%. That way you wont have to mess about with the trim.

That recoil behavior is definitely not normal but I'm not sure what would be causing it. Maybe test the unit with no barrel attached and see if it's sticking somewhere. Elevation and turret gear noise are also unusual and might be gear alignment issues. I would also test them with nothing connected and see what happens.
Reaper332
Corporal

Re: need help with the King tiger electronics

Post by Reaper332 »

Hey mate are you are still experiencing issues...??
What firmware on the turnigy are you using ...? Is it flashed with the tanker 9x firmware...?

All my tamiya's run perfectly off my turnigy radio's and I can help you set yours to be the same providing your radip is running tanker 9x firmware.

Cheers Ken

Return to “Tamiya”