Tamiya Tiger 1 not working

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
h5djr
Recruit

Tamiya Tiger 1 not working

Post by h5djr »

I have a Tamiya Tiger which I built in 2002. It is not used very much. The radio is a Futaba T4VF - FM40MHz. When I tried to run it earlier today all I could get was to orange lights from the DMD unit and nothing would move at all. I've changed the receiver for a second matching one, changed the crystals, gone through the reset routine for the DMD but all can can be is the two orange lights. Has anyone got any ideas. Thanks, Dave
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 not working

Post by tomhugill »

Are the solid or flashing orange lights?
Dafnid
Recruit

Post by Dafnid »

I hope you don't mind, but I also have a Tamiya tiger, I didn't build it but got it recently from a boot fair minus the tx or rx so bought both and installed them yesterday only to be faced with two flashing orange lights on the control unit. The rx has a steady red light so I think its bonded but I'm unsure if I plugged the 4 channels into the right sockets on the rx (each are labeled 1,2,3 & 4 but not sure if that's for reference or for where they go on the rx?) so any advice would be appreciated if I can sit in on this thread?
Another Dave.....
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

It might be worth downloading the Tamiya Tiger manual, to be found in the downloads section at the top of the page. It will give you the set up instructions and a bit of fault finding. If you have connected up the wrong channel, it will not stop the tank working. You will just get unexpected behaviour, eg the gun will go up and down when you expect the tank to move forwards. I had this problem when I first tried my Tiger. All you need to do then is just swap the leads around.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: hi i had this problem when using a different radio but this is how i set up dmd leads 1 to channel 4, 2 to channel 2, 3 to channel 3, 4 to channel 1 then go through as in manual . hope this helps :thumbup: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
Dafnid
Recruit

Post by Dafnid »

I am sooo embarrassed! I got home and fiddled with the configuration and in doing so plugged the channel plugs in the other way round and the whole thing came to life, so being a newbie os my excuse and its now racing around the kitchen firing at the cat. Thanks to all who helped me and watch this space!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Dafnid if you Knew everything we would be asking you for help, but you very wisely asked for help from the Forum BECAUSE this is a new endeavour for you. :thumbup:
Helping each other is our reason for being, B|
I am confident that as time and experience passes you will be offering help to other members of the Forum.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Tamiya”