Solar Power RC Tank

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
dimomolan
Recruit

Re: Solar Power RC Tank

Post by dimomolan »

Hmm, interesting.. I have thought of putting it on some type of bumper car/tram like overhanging power supply, but not the scalextric track. However it would be nice to have a bit of freedom when driving around..
dimomolan
Recruit

Post by dimomolan »

lposter wrote:If the goal of the exercise is to run a 1/35 tank for two hours.....then if it only weighed around 250 g or so.....two standard 9v batteries shoudl run it for two hours. They give 0.5 Ah each and a small tank like that, if kept light with plastic gears and tracks and so on just doesnt need that much juice at all.

If teh goal is to have a solar powered tank that runs for two hours....then break out the soldering iron and have at it!!1

p

Hey Iposter.

So I've given up on the solar idea and I'm going to try maximum the run time with rechargable batteries. So I'm thinking of trying the double 9v method.. The only thing is, is that the tamiya 1/35 runs on 4 AAA 1.5V's (so 6V i think). Do you think running the tank on parallel 9v's would burn it out/?

Thanks so much again guys!
Or do you recommend I get a lithium battery??
dimomolan
Recruit

Post by dimomolan »

Thanks man,

I've just ordered the 4 aaa battery unit to connect in parallel. I'll let you know how it goes

:D :D

Return to “Tamiya”