Which receiver with DX6i and Tamiya tanks

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
Phil
Corporal

Re: Which receiver with DX6i and Tamiya tanks

Post by Phil »

I've been using my DX6i with my IBU2 boards. Best way is just use the plane settings as standard, all you need to do is reverse some of the channels say if the turret turns the wrong way etc.

Make sure the standard plane settings have no trim set, best way is to go into the menu and reset that particular model, then name it and bind it to that receiver. After you are happy with the binding copy that tank to another channel and rename to another tank and so on.

I have my Tamiya Tiger on the same set up using all original Tamiya units.

:thumbup:
MPFIEND
Private

Post by MPFIEND »

Thanks for the information so far Gents,

If I understand this correctly, on a mode 2 Tx set up for an aircraft all of the normal functions ie steering, drive, turret and elevation are operated using the normal aircraft functions (throttle,flaps, elevator and rudder) The problem comes with the special functions ie lights, gun firing, sound, etc. these are programmed using the dual rate functions of the digital Tx, as they will not function correctly using the digital trim tabs.
Is this correct?

Keep the info coming Gents,

Best Regards

Keith.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi You can fit fire buttons to the DX6i they cost about a pound from maplins easy to fit ,makes firing a lot faster(there is a slight delay when you use the sticks)If you don't want to cut extra holes in the radio till the warranty runs out. You can programme the radio to fire the M.G. and main gun with out using trims.
It is not hard to program the radio it is very logical (much easier than the old DX6)Most of the Tamiya setups are the same(ones with a slight difference are the Pershing ,KV(have to move throttle stick full reverse and blip it to get the tank to move) and Leopard)the rest are setup up the same.

I have one of these DX6i they are very good work well can store ten models on the radio and you can get a kit to have both sticks that return to centre these are free from the main distributer.They work with the Spectrum receivers or you can save a lot of money and use the orange receivers(I only use the orange ones for Tanks) if you want to use the radio for other types of models you could use the spectrum(I wouldn't fly a plane on orange just in case) Having said that I have never had any problems with the orange receivers.

regards pete
MPFIEND
Private

Post by MPFIEND »

Thanks for the information Pete,

ATB

Keith

Return to “Tamiya”