Dead MF-01 and DMD T03

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
rolandh
Recruit

Dead MF-01 and DMD T03

Post by rolandh »

Hi I have a problem on my Tamiya RC tank . I recently bought a Panther Type G. While I was building it up to the wheels/tracks I placed all the electronics and had a go. Everything was running fine sounds and forward back and turning movement except that I didnt yet connect the turret. Since I was already using LiPo with deans plug on all my RC cars I converted the Tamiya plug main terminal to Deans. (I made sure I didnt switch the polarity ....im also an experienced rc enthusiast for more than 30 years. )

Suddenly I had a problem the sound was very weak even if i tinker with the volume knob. The tracks wont move . I even tried resetting (hold setup button and switch on for 20 sec) also setting it up again. Nothing works and now no sound at all! I tried the self test mode (move the switch on the far right) i had blinking red/green

When I turn on the tank and transmitter there is no sound also the tracks wont move. (battery full charge Im using a 4800mah Lipo 7.4v)

I noticed that the MF01 will blink orange / green even if the Tx is on

On the DMD 03 the 2 LEDs will blink green but if I push the stick forward it will be on solid orange and it will hang

I tried switching Tx and RX from my friends Tiger 1 still nothing.

I used my MF01 on his DMD ...the sound was still weak

what I didnt do was use my DMD and his MF unit since I think my DMD might have casued the problem.

Are there any replacements out there that is similar to Tamiya's MF01 and DMD T03 thats compatible with the battle system of Tamiya?
I cant find new units of the MF/DMD locally (im from the Philippines) even in US

Anyone familiar with HOOBEN MCU's? are they a good replacement for the DMD and MF? will it work the same as the Tamiya's battle system?
http://hooben.com/index.php?cPath=39_42

hope to hear from you guys soon!
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Dead MF-01 and DMD T03

Post by forgebear »

rolandh
Recruit

Post by rolandh »

Hi Dave thanks for the reply. Would you know if a DMD 05 and MF 03 would work with my Panther Type G? Whats the difference ? Sound?
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi all the mfu s will work with the t03 unit its just that the sounds are different on the mfu s like the 07 is the leo ....and the 02 mfu is the sherman 105 no recoil... the 06 is the pershing.... and the 05 is the super sherman with recoil..... and so on :thumbup:
rolandh
Recruit

Post by rolandh »

Thanks!

Return to “Tamiya”