Tamiya Motor Polarity.

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Tamiya Motor Polarity.

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

The Tamiya motors have a green and yellow wire on them with bullet plugs. Does anyone know which color wire is the positive and which is the negative lead? I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
blimp
Sergeant

Re: Tamiya Motor Polarity.

Post by blimp »

Hi Dan , there are Tamiya manuals here :D
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Blimp:
I own them too, however there is no mention of polarity. Just what color goes to what DMD color. I guess Tamiya didn't think that information relevant.
-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Eastern:
The only reason it is relevant is because the unit is proportional. Perhaps just making sure that the feed is on the same color motor terminals for left and right will be sufficient.
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Strangely enough I am working with highly modified Heng long proportional unit. Norm set it up for plug and play for the Heng Long controller. I already smoked the pump motor and the fan. So I hope there won't be future issues. The wires on the T05 are Blue, Violet, Orange and White. Tamiya failed to mark the terminals on the motors themselves.

-Dan
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Eastern:
Yes, DC motors can be ran in either direction. So polarity wouldn't be particularly imporant other than the direction of rotation. The Heng Long smoke units and the circuit attatched that has rectifiers as well. I was more concerned with damaging the DMD/MF unit. Have you looked at the modification that Norm did that's in the show off section here? Take a look at it. Perhaps you'll have a picture of what I'm working with and adapting it to the Tamiya electronics.
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

This is the thread for the heng long smoker modification. Norm wound up engineering out the bugs from the poor quality production smoke units. I burnt the small fan up, which are rated at 5V. After a bit of work with the multimeter I found the LiPo pack puts out 8.4V, not 7.4 that it is rated. I will have to drop the input voltage to avoid burning up the pump and fan motors.

-Dan

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =33&t=8027
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Post by strmnd54 »

Eastern Front wrote:Dan, would like to see it, do you have the thresd link or thread name?

Cheers!
I started a thread about the Plug & Play adapter on this site:http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... .php?f=184
Heated debates on climate changes contribute to global warming!!!
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Norm, Thank you for posting the link. I did it this morning and for some reason it's not showing. Great work on Norm's part and I now know how to wire it into Tamiya's electronics.
-Dan

Return to “Tamiya”