A couple of suggestions

If you think that we are missing an important board or category, post here and we will see what we can do!
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

A couple of suggestions

Post by grim_marmazet »

I think we should have a board devoted to radio gear, things like tips and tricks, help, advice etc.

Also a review board, just so we can write personal reviews of all sorts of items, tanks, electronics, tools.

Maybe a 1/6 figure board? I'm not sure how many people on here collect them, but there pretty cool.

Tell me what you think.
Cheers,
Rik
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Re: A couple of suggestions

Post by Matdragon »

grim_marmazet wrote: I think we should have a board devoted to radio gear, things like tips and tricks, help, advice etc.
okay ill put another child board under the Electronics board for radio gear ;)
grim_marmazet wrote: Also a review board, just so we can write personal reviews of all sorts of items, tanks, electronics, tools.
could do, please expand on this as to where they would go ect. ?
grim_marmazet wrote: Maybe a 1/6 figure board? I'm not sure how many people on here collect them, but there pretty cool.
we have a 1/6 scale board ;)
Last edited by Matdragon on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

I'd suggest reviews be submitted to the mods first to allow us to filter out any kind of 'negative' comment that might offend vendors who post here. I'm not suggesting that folks should be censored, but there are ways to say things without coming straight out and saying the product 'is crap'... ;)
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hmmmmmmm let me have a fiddle armound with some forum features and ill see what i can come up with ................
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Ex_Pat_Tanker wrote: I'd suggest reviews be submitted to the mods first to allow us to filter out any kind of 'negative' comment that might offend vendors who post here. I'm not suggesting that folks should be censored, but there are ways to say things without coming straight out and saying the product 'is crap'... ;)
This is exactly what I ment, put much more eloquently.  ;) But basically any memeber can write a product review, giving pro's, con's, what they liked or didn't about a product, submit it to an email set up for it, it can be checked over my a mod, and posted in a board.
It would be great to let people know about parts, electronics, tanks there unsure of buying. Editing reviews would have to be carefully done though.
Cheers,
Rik
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

I'd be willing to write a few. If it got seroius enough, people would respect the reviews in here, and we could have a few dedicated reviewers.
Cheers,
Rik
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

my fiddling with forum features didnt work :(
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

I like the reviews idea Rik. It might be worth clarifiing if the reviews should be more product related rather than the level of service received, as this would be covered elsewhere. Other members could them PM the poster (is that the right term?) for more info etc. Its got to be well worth collecting all the reviewed products together for easy reference in one area.

As for the 1/6 figure section, I stuck mine into the "Other Militray Non-Rc Models" section although it was a while ago. Dont know if Matt was relating to the large scale RC section but i dont think figures without vehilce would fit in there too well.
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Yep crispy they will fit there too, ill add figures to the title :D

Matt
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Cool, my paratrooper is coming along well. I need some new parts for him, and some weathering, then i'll post some pics.

Reviews will help everyone I think. You'll get an idea of what something is like before you buy it. Id say replies should be turned off on the reviews though, just so peoples reviews dont become slagging matches with people who disagree.

Cheers,
Rik

Return to “New Boards and Categories”