Re: Battlefield scenics

If you think that we are missing an important board or category, post here and we will see what we can do!
wibblywobbly
Major

Battlefield scenics

Post by wibblywobbly »

There are a few people out there building some pretty good battlefield scenics eg houses, bunkers, machine gun posts etc. If we could see how its done then we are all in with a chance of getting something together to bring along to battle meet.

I would happily donate my bridge to anyone who can arrange a permanent site somewhere (once it is finished!)

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

so you mean a new board in the builds and modifications section ?

sorry you didnt explain the request very clearly...

cheers,

Matt
Ern
Lance Corporal

Post by Ern »

Hey Wibbly, check out this thread from RCU.  Very impressive buildings.  I'm not sure about the cost of printing as described, but perhaps, although not as durable, you could print on photo paper and cement to the board for a good looking/inexpensive alternative.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8721629/tm.htm
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

@ Mat - I get confused with boards, threads, topics and sections. Wherever it goes, it would be good to see what people have built and how they built it.
@ Ern - That is an excellent link. I downloaded the full size house in 1/16 scale...its huge. I might try and print it onto plastic sheet in tiled format and see if I can build the house. Brilliant!

Rob G
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Board - An area like 'Heng long builds' that threads are posted in.

thread / topic - we are in one now if your reading this :D

category - a larger are such as general category, builds and mod, trading post ect.

cheers, ill make a Board in builds and mods for 'Battlefield scenics'

and see how it goes,

Matt
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Ern wrote: Hey Wibbly, check out this thread from RCU.  Very impressive buildings.  I'm not sure about the cost of printing as described, but perhaps, although not as durable, you could print on photo paper and cement to the board for a good looking/inexpensive alternative.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8721629/tm.htm
I did talk to Borealis about this a while ago, but he was a little snowed under with other stuff to get involved with buying rolls of printed PVC film for other groups (can't say I blame him for not agreeing to buy a bunch of stuff for complete strangers, I'd have been just as wary :-\ :o !) He did offer to upload his images to a website of our choice for us to print out ourselves, but I got too caught up in other stuff to take him up on that. If you have 130MB going free somewhere Matt then please let me know and I'll get back in touch with him 8)

Mart
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

stick it in downloads ?

may take a while, but it will work.

Return to “New Boards and Categories”