Electronics/Troubleshooting

If you think that we are missing an important board or category, post here and we will see what we can do!
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Electronics/Troubleshooting

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Simple steps to take in troubleshooting a problem when the tank that you had just received does not want to work.I'm sure it will help knowing that there is help,and some sort of direction to go.I'm fairly new to this hobby,and had this happen to me with my first tank,and on all the sites that i looked through,faq ,electronics,there is no help in that area.sure it's great to to do all the modifications,but do you want to spend the time doing so when the tank dosen't work.
                  thank you
                    Wayne

Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Electronics/Troubleshooting

Post by Matdragon »

hi,

easer thing would just to search the forum for answers using the search function, if you dont find anything, then post your Question in the appropraite Electronics Board,

cheers,

Matt
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

I like the idea of troubleshooting. It can be hard to find the exact piece of infomation you need for your particular tank by "searching"  when its buried in a thread about water dragons.

Assuming were talking about mechanical or electrical failure, what about adding it to the "Things to fix on your new tank!" board in the individual tank sections? i.e. Add a new thread titled "Troubleshooting on the HL Tiger 1" to the T1 section, then anyone can add a reply with common faults and fixes.

We all know what it feels like when a tank goes "wizz, bang, futt" and the panic you get trying to get the answer you need. Would be a great advantage to have everything for each tank collected together in an easy to find (while panic stricken) section  ;).
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hi there,

but all hl electronics are the same.....

The FAQ section could be used. i could change it to 'FAQ / Troublesooting' ???
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

Matt, that is a good Idea to change the name

Return to “New Boards and Categories”