Re: Book Section

If you think that we are missing an important board or category, post here and we will see what we can do!
Mad Fox
Corporal

Book Section

Post by Mad Fox »

I know we have a section for reference books, but what about one for books of eye witness accounts? I do read these and find them not only interesting but they also give you an idea of what the people went through, ie day to day life, combat experiences ect... just wondered if there were others out there that liked these type of books and could use this section to put titles worth reading.

your thoughts?
1 H/L Tiger in lots of bits being sorted

"A Tiger gives you a VERY nice Edge"
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

Sounds like a great idea to me. It would be good to have books that others recommend and mention the main areas covered in them.

For instance I read quite a few of those "my time in the SAS" books, some good and some not so good.

The couple that really stood out for me are "Sabre Squadron" which follows the Long Range Desert Group, scud hunting in the 1991 Gulf War and  "For Queen and Country", which mostly covers the authors time in the Falklands and has a great account of the Para's attack at Goose Green.

It would be good to have some idea of what the books about especially if buying on ebay.
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

why not just stick em in, in the books section ?

or would you like a reccomended books section ?

Matt
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

suppose it could go under recomended reading, that way the reference section is left for reference books and the two won't be confused. :D

Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

i tell you what, why dont i just put a child board in refference books call reccomended reading ? that way they are still assumedto be reference material, but are storys / eyewitness accounts / ect. so are still separated,

Matt
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

sounds good to me :D

Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »