Jagtiger in need of a reboot

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Hwal2605
Recruit

Re: Jagtiger in need of a reboot

Post by Hwal2605 »

OK, we seem to have established that I don't have a scooby about what I'm doing. :crazy:

Big question, is it possible for me to rewire the tank using the diagrams already provided and the tk 7.0 connection schematic?

If so, silly 1st question - what connectors do I need to buy? :shifty:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hwal2605: I have been reading all along, but have been silent because I am unfamiliar with the HengLong 7.0 and its significant differences from earlier HengLong boards. I just want to encourage you not to give up. Consider this, I have smoked more electronics than I ever smoked a cigarette (however---well, that's another thing from my college days). I just chuckle, get slivers under my fingernails, and start over.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am afraid I am going to be very negative, The Heng Long 7.0 board is a very nice piece of kit but retrofitting it into an earlier Heng Long wired Tank is going to be a nightmare,
It will mean a total rewiring including new plugs on every connector,If you are going to do that for goodness sake label every wire first so that you will know what goes where.(A Tip, A wrap of masking tape round the wire with a number on it, Using a notebook write what that number on the wire is for, such as 7= drive motor POS, or 4= Turret motor Neg etc.
And don't forget you will need a 7.0 board wiring diagram and instructions.
Before the 7.0 board each update was a simple moving around of plugs in sockets and swapping from a Heng Long Control board to a Taigen board was just a swapping of plugs but now even the plugs have been changed. The obvious choice is either a Taigen V2/3 board + Taigen V2/3 Transmitter(Plug and Play, cheap but a backwards step compared to the 7.0 board) or an aftermarket board and transmitter/receiver where you can at least use the existing plugs,
More money but a far better r/c Tank will be the result.
Sorry but this is the easiest way I know of spending large sums of money usually closely followed by much in the way of regret :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, as indicated in a previous message, and I join Jarndice, it is certain that it will be a hell of a job, but nothing is impossible? except as mentioned above, risk of costing an arm! Do you already have a Tiger I Taigen? so a plate identical to that of the Jagdtiger, and the transmitter that goes with it? (the Heng Long don't have fans..) why don't you already use this transmitter? by binding the plate, of course, to see if it works? because without wanting to offend you!!! it seems to me that there is not great wiring, so check well against the attached photos that correspond well. And will already allow you to have an idea.
Hwal2605
Recruit

Post by Hwal2605 »

Thanks to all for their comments.

It seems I have two options.

1. Proceed with 7.0 and rewire the tank.

2. Look to find a Taigen v3 transmitter (of use my existing one - not great long term as this tank is going to a friend).

Can someone point me to the Taigen "bind" process so I can at least see if that works.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ddQjBcPCY
Try this

But, store the H/L V7 unit.Thats my angle .

Get a Taigen V3 unit, with sound board................................they are cheap, and work.
Getting another board into a tank that has been sorted to work with one or another can be a headache :S
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I second Bix's recommendation. However, if your friend doesn't need Taigen V3 sound, PM me. I have been pulling out older Taigen boards to put in V3 electronics, so I have perfectly good older boards around.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

What ever board you use be careful as your upper hull will need rewiring if you look at the picture or on the tank the 8 pin connector on the upper hull is a rewired 10 pin connector and the wiring has been altered so things aren't wired as the would have been on the taigen board also your BB gun doesn't have a microswitch on the back of it so you wont get gun fire sound.
Hwal2605
Recruit

Post by Hwal2605 »

Thanks John1970, I'll need some help with that. What's the spec of the 2 pin and other plugs, as I'll need to buy a few of them.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

JST connector 2.54 pitch
Dupont connector 2 pin 2.54 pitch for LED's

Return to “Heng Long”