Jagtiger in need of a reboot

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Hwal2605
Recruit

Re: Jagtiger in need of a reboot

Post by Hwal2605 »

Thanks John1970.
Hwal2605
Recruit

Post by Hwal2605 »

I'm going to refit the Original Taigen CB and try to get it to work with my existing Tiger 1 Taigen Transmitter.

If that works, I'll need to source another Taigen Transmitter and fix some of the wiring in the top of the tank.

If that doesn't work, I'll need a Taigen v3 CB and Transmitter and still need to fix the existing top wiring.

I'll sell the v7.0 CB and Transmitter.

That sound like a plan ?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hwal2605 wrote:I'm going to refit the Original Taigen CB and try to get it to work with my existing Tiger 1 Taigen Transmitter.

If that works, I'll need to source another Taigen Transmitter and fix some of the wiring in the top of the tank.

If that doesn't work, I'll need a Taigen v3 CB and Transmitter and still need to fix the existing top wiring.

I'll sell the v7.0 CB and Transmitter.

That sound like a plan ?
If you go to----
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
he is selling a complete boxed set of V3 Taigen Transmitter and V3 Control Board which includes speaker, sound module, volume control and servo leads £77, He is also selling the same items separately,
If you don't already know Dave is a member of this Forum and the fairest dealer in the hobby.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening, it is indeed a very good plan, and as Jarndice suggests, it is easy to find the complete set, including wiring, with cords equipped with the necessary plugs, you will just have to weld again, and will greatly facilitate the work :D
Already owning a Tiger I Taigen, you already have the possibility of copying :thumbup:
Hwal2605
Recruit

Post by Hwal2605 »

Great, I'm pleased with that and really appreciate everyone's help and comments.

I'm not around for a week or so, so I'll probably post an update in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Easiest thing to do is fit the taigen board into your tiger to test it as it will be a straight swap.
If you fit it back into the jagdtiger then your starting from the beginning again as not everything is wired up and you wont be able to test all the functions
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

john1970 wrote:Easiest thing to do is fit the taigen board into your tiger to test it as it will be a straight swap.
If you fit it back into the jagdtiger then your starting from the beginning again as not everything is wired up and you wont be able to test all the functions
See her, no malice, no annoyance :D
I don't understand what would go wrong? Tiger I: 2 headlights and turret rotation, Jagdtiger: oneheadlight, and no turret rotation, tell you about the absence of the switch on BB firing? I would be surprised that absent? view that no photo of the side concerned, and all the BB shots removed from my tanks (same as the photo) had one!!
Hwal2605
Recruit

Post by Hwal2605 »

Hi all,
I've been on holiday, so no posts.

An update on where I am. I took up the suggestion that I Bind my Taigen Transmitter to the JagTiger and see if it worked, and it did, sort of. I got sound, motion and (probably) smoke (still to be tested). However, When I plugged in the Upper hull connector, the tank switched off and I obviously got no lights or other upper hull functions.

So, some progress. There remains two jobs to do, I think.

The "big" job is that I need to rewire the upper hull, or at least fix the current "dogs breakfast" wiring. - any suggestions would be appreciated.

The "small" job is to source a Taigen transmitter V1-3? at a reasonable price- again any suggestions appreciated.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Hello, personally I still haven't found the photo or there is a modified 10-pin connector? but possible!!! if you follow each wire in the photo already attached, you should be able to find the correct wiring, in principle the colors of the cord correspond :thumbup:
82ADF25C-308E-4645-BDB1-3B83F61FC274.jpeg
82ADF25C-308E-4645-BDB1-3B83F61FC274.jpeg (75.43 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

there are also many connectors of all kinds, one can everywhere, which may be the cause of many false contacts :{

Return to “Heng Long”