Anybody seen this Servo-Signal converter before?

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!

Postby Kirpau » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:01 pm

Hello guys,

I have posted here a few times, looking for a way to get a gun recoil into my Stug 3 without braking the bank to much (I have got a Taigen V3 board and dont want to have to get a new).
Recently I found this converter board on a german website:

https://www.rctank.de/Taigen-Servo-und- ... ul-Platine

Problem is: There is literally no information on how it works, the description says (translated as good as I could :shifty:):

"This board allows the control of 2 servos (Recoil and Raise/Lower), aswell as adding a barrel smoker using a Taigen V3 board."

Sounds exactly like what i would want, but the lack of information makes me hesitate. Has any of you seen this before and knows if / how it works?

Thanks for any help :thumbup:

Kirpau
Recruit

Postby jhamm » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:14 pm

There exist no information about this piece of electronic.
This is from Taigen - ask them or send them a Mail...
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Postby john1970 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Theres an old thread about taigen barrel smoke with videos looks a bit bad compared to the heng long 6.1
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31308

john1970
Corporal

Postby jarndice » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:50 pm

Kirpau wrote:Hello guys,

I have posted here a few times, looking for a way to get a gun recoil into my Stug 3 without braking the bank to much (I have got a Taigen V3 board and dont want to have to get a new).

Problem is: There is literally no information on how it works, the description says (translated as good as I could :shifty:):

"This board allows the control of 2 servos (Recoil and Raise/Lower), aswell as adding a barrel smoker using a Taigen V3 board."

Sounds exactly like what i would want, but the lack of information makes me hesitate. Has any of you seen this before and knows if / how it works?

Dominic is the dealer at rctank.de and he is ultra helpful,
E-Mail him and ask him what it is you want to know and as to translation why not use "GOOGLE Translate" ?
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Kaczor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:55 pm

This would be perfect for using Taigen board in Mato tanks where there is two servos in the turret.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby PainlessWolf » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:31 pm

Good afternoon,
The Taigen Jagdpanther IR upper that Forgebear provided for a current Build has a Smoker and uses two servos. I noticed some extra Daughter boards but will have to take another look at it to see if any serious secondary boards are present.
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Kirpau » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:31 pm

jarndice wrote:
Kirpau wrote:Hello guys,

Dominic is the dealer at rctank.de and he is ultra helpful,
E-Mail him and ask him what it is you want to know and as to translation why not use "GOOGLE Translate" ?

Alright, guess I will send him an E-Mail and post here what I find out about this thing. Thanks a lot!

About the translation: I dont trust Google translate and thought my translation was good enough. Just noticed tho, that the website has an english version aswell :D

Kirpau
Recruit

Postby jarndice » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:39 pm

I speak a few languages care of a bounty that the army paid for each one I learned :haha:
Because like you I was unsure how accurate Google's translation service was I did some comparisons,
I have to say that it was correct each time although very precise, not at all "As Spoke" but I would trust it with languages with which I am unfamiliar.
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Jofaur86 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 pm

Hello, are you talking about this? so I confirm that it is designed to operate a servo on a V3 plate or other, it is to be supplied with 5 volts plus and minus on the small white socket and the signal is done by tapping a plus 5 volts on the BB recoil switch
attached some photos sent by Dominique RCtank.de
bottom view of the plate
71AACD15-BDF4-4F80-AED6-AAEA8B6BA77C.jpeg

Top view, the 1 in yellow plus/minus 5 volts power supply, the 2, plus 5 volts, signal picked up on the Tir BB switchd
7FB47735-B96D-496C-AD97-3390C40089F7.jpeg

a friend operated recoil Sherman Tamiya, with this module
hoping to have been quite precise in my explanation, despite Gogle translate :{

Jofaur86

Postby Jofaur86 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:11 pm

I'm talking about this system, and not the one with the smoke module. As in the link!!!!
950AF38E-07CE-475D-8EA8-2F5A9BE4CA2C.png
950AF38E-07CE-475D-8EA8-2F5A9BE4CA2C.png (198.53 KiB) Viewed 219 times

Jofaur86

Postby Jofaur86 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:17 pm

8O bottom view, tired tonight me,désoled m’y error :thumbdown:
974E426D-2DF6-4B04-98AF-055315FCF863.jpeg

Jofaur86

Postby Kirpau » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:56 pm

Alright, so I found some information on this board and how it works:

Like PainlessWolf has said, Forgebear sells a Jagdpantehr Hull wich uses this module. From the pictures on the website you can somewhat see the wiring:

Taigen_Servo_Wiring.jpeg
Taigen_Servo_Wiring.jpeg (62.72 KiB) Viewed 163 times

https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... _Deck.html

As you can see in these pictures and also from what Dominic of rctank.de has told me, you will need an extra board to connect the 5 pin cable to, wich is this one:

https://www.rctank.de/ElMod-FX-Taigen-A ... rdmechanik

From this connector board a 10 pin cable leads to the Taigen V3 Board. Right on the edge of the picture above you can see, that this 10 pin wire splits up, presumably into a 8 pin and a 2 pin. Unfortunately I couldnt find this wire anywhere, so this whole idea of using this system seems doomed.

It is also a lot more complicated than i hoped for, so I will probably have to give up and just save some money to get a board, that can control servos out of the box, or look into the option Jofaur86 has suggested.

Thanks anyways for all the help and maybe this thread will help someone who stumbles over this board and wonders what it is, but take my words with a grain of salt, as I am really not an expert on any of this ;)

Kirpau
Recruit

Postby Jofaur86 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:07 pm

I have just looked on several sites, and it seems that the Stug III only exists with a BB firing system (balls) I have never had a Stug? so if possible have a photo? that I can better understand what is possible to do :thumbup:

Jofaur86

Return to Heng Long