Heng Long M1A2 Abrams (No. 3918-1)

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
BWP
Recruit

Heng Long M1A2 Abrams (No. 3918-1)

Post by BWP »

Hi, I’m a new member (Brian) & hope I’m in the right section!
Our tank has stopped firing it’s BBs & just makes a lot of noise (no recoil either). Opening it up revealed a paint flake & BB stuck at the the Shooting Unit end. BUT removal hasn’t helped at all.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Heng Long M1A2 Abrams (No. 3918-1)

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G’day Brian from the Gold Coast of Australia.
You are in the over all right place, but if you would be so kind as to drop into the introduction section towards the top of the main page, tell us a wee bit about yourself and what draws you into the hobby, Im certain you will get all the help you need :thumbup:

Great to have you along mate
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BWP
Recruit

Post by BWP »

Hi Herman, thanks for the welcome. I’ve happily introduced myself & look forward to being member. Brian
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Are you using the rubbish BB's that came with the tank?
Because they will get stuck, and can damage the firing unit. Best place for those is the bin, then purchase some polished seamless BB's
It is possible that a wire has become unattached that operates the recoil.
But without relevant information, it's hard to work out what's wrong.
We need to know what make of tank you have, do you have barrel recoil, or is it your whole tank that lurches back when firing?
Are you able to film what your tank does when firing, then upload it to YouTube so we can see.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

The film is more for the sound :thumbup:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BWP
Recruit

Post by BWP »

Hi, thanks for responding. It’s a Heng Long M1A2 Abrams (No. 3981-1). Yes, we’re using the yellow BBs, they seem to have been ok so far but after your comments I wonder if there’s one jammed in the firing unit itself. All the cables appear ok but I’ll remove & check inside the firing unit itself (not tried that before so fingers crossed!).
But as I say, all it does now when instructing it to fire is make a lot more noise without shooting.
We do have some much higher quality BBs so when (if) get this sorted we’ll use those as you suggest. I can’t upload to YouTube as I only watch it & don’t have an account.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Did you just edit the title :think:
It's easy to get a YouTube account, and doesn't cost anything.
It's that "lot more noise" that would be more helpful to hear, unless you're a dab hand at writing sound effects like in a comic lol.

BWP
Recruit

Post by BWP »

Ha ha, ok I’ll investigate the possible jam inside the unit as it fits in with what happened plus I’ll open a YouTube account. Thanks for your help so far, I’ll be back tomorrow!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

My pick too that a BB is stuck.
The units are a little finicky to open and work on, but thats if you are confident to do so.
Could be just as easy to buy a new unit so when you open the turret you are not bothered to muck around repairing when a new one is to hand. Then you can use better quality BB's through the new unit.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

BWP wrote:Hi Herman, thanks for the welcome. I’ve happily introduced myself & look forward to being member. Brian
And with that introduction, we now know you're happy to tinker and confident with taking things apart :thumbup:
This makes giving advice a bit easier :thumbup:

Going on what Herman stated about getting a new BB unit, they are usually inexpensive and easy to obtain here in England. Therefore, if you can't fix the problem, don't despair, there's always an alternative.
I'm sure these units have a micro switch that triggers the tank recoil/lurch, when it goes through its firing sequence. There is a possibility the plastic gears inside the unit are damaged through trying to fire with a jammed BB.

Return to “Heng Long”