Heng Long M1A2 Abrams (No. 3918-1)

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
BWP
Recruit

Re: Heng Long M1A2 Abrams (No. 3918-1)

Post by BWP »

Hi guys, so, after removing the firing unit & disassembling it, here’s what we’ve established.
1) The motor works fine.
2) No BBs found other than the one we originally found jammed in the barrel by a paint flake.
3) The firing bolt & gearbox were stuck tight.
4) After removing the cog that connects the gearbox to the firing bolt cogs the bolt moves freely.
5) No cogs appear damaged.
6) After reassembly the motor & gearbox turns but fails to pull the firing bolt back.
7) After a few moments we recognise the noise we heard originally - it’s the clutch slipping because the gearbox is jammed.
8) After checks, reconnecting the cog that connects to the base of the firing barrel & careful reassembly, testing simply takes us back to (6) & (7).

We can’t figure out why the gearbox keeps jamming up, it’s damage free & greased. The free moving gearbox & free moving firing barrel simply jam each time they’re connected to each other. BUT, we’re only beginners with tanks & BB firing units remember!!
We’d really value your inputs in case we’re overlooking something.

I have to say, after seeing them advertised for £10 it’s tempting just to replace the AirSoft firing unit.
If you agree we should replace it, do you have a recommended supplier? I’ve seen them from £9.99 to £29 - they all appear the same, just different colours.

Thanks for your help.
BWP
Recruit

Post by BWP »

I have no idea why that emoji with dark glasses is there!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I'd go to Forgebear Tanks first and replace it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

BWP wrote:Hi guys, so, after removing the firing unit & disassembling it, here’s what we’ve established.
1) The motor works fine.
2) No BBs found other than the one we originally found jammed in the barrel by a paint flake.
3) The firing bolt & gearbox were stuck tight.
4) After removing the cog that connects the gearbox to the firing bolt cogs the bolt moves freely.
5) No cogs appear damaged.
6) After reassembly the motor & gearbox turns but fails to pull the firing bolt back.
7) After a few moments we recognise the noise we heard originally - it’s the clutch slipping because the gearbox is jammed.
8) After checks, reconnecting the cog that connects to the base of the firing barrel & careful reassembly, testing simply takes us back to (6) & (7).

We can’t figure out why the gearbox keeps jamming up, it’s damage free & greased. The free moving gearbox & free moving firing barrel simply jam each time they’re connected to each other. BUT, we’re only beginners with tanks & BB firing units remember!!
We’d really value your inputs in case we’re overlooking something.

I have to say, after seeing them advertised for £10 it’s tempting just to replace the AirSoft firing unit.
If you agree we should replace it, do you have a recommended supplier? I’ve seen them from £9.99 to £29 - they all appear the same, just different colours.

Thanks for your help.
Like Herman says go to----
www.forgebeartanks.com
You will get the best service in our hobby :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
BWP
Recruit

Post by BWP »

Will do & thanks again for your help.
BWP
Recruit

Post by BWP »

Hi, UPDATE
A new BB unit from Forgebear Tanks sorted it.

We discovered our motor had the black & red motor wires reversed which didn’t help my initial attempts at repair!

We’re using better quality pellets now - after final testing our only remaining problem is finding a white pellet on a white carpet before we stand on it!

Thanks again for your advice guys.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Don't worry about finding the white BB. You will find it in your old age as you get up to go to the bathroom for the third time in the middle of the night.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

At least it wont hurt as much a a Lego brick 8O
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long”