A pairing puzzle

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

A pairing puzzle

Post by stu_the_flat »

along with my tanks I got some RC components. I've tried to just get them to run, Just plugged in the power and speaker to hear some life. could hear an electronic click from the speaker as the power went on and off on both boards.

the power switch on the Teigen controller is flaky and needs me to hold in place. I really love the look of the one labelled T4EU.

Unfortunately I can't get either of them to run with the heng long boards that have been suppled. I believe one is a V5.0 and the other a V5.2, I've tired looking for wiring diagrams but most of them I find show a handy looking blue 2 pin port for pairing. I believe I have a 3-pin in the "CN8" positions, I've looked around but have no electronic that will fit in that port. So not really sure how to get it working.
Attachments
BAB_3532.jpg
BAB_3533.jpg
BAB_3535.jpg
BAB_3530.jpg
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: A pairing puzzle

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Hello,
you try to link two transmitters, which are incompatible with the turntables in photos :O indeed the one on the left is a Taigen, therefore incompatible with a Heng Long, Taigen or Heng Long turntable, are dedicated transmitters, it is the turntable which makes receiver, dimmers, etc. and protocol differ.When has the one on the right, totally incompatible with the previous system because you need 8O a Receiver, to make it work, and with the electronics that go well behind.
Heng Long board, with wiring diagram
4DAD0530-4548-4DB2-9935-887B6B4E2ED4.jpeg
4DAD0530-4548-4DB2-9935-887B6B4E2ED4.jpeg (84.61 KiB) Viewed 705 times
Taigen board, transmitter compatible
D3406356-C65F-4B88-8160-7DFDC5C70C0F.jpeg
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Thank you... so I'm going to have to spend money to fix this, Not fair! :'(
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

yes, and two solutions, ie a single board, so sure that the Taigen emitter works?
https://www.rctank.de/Taigen-24-GHz-V1- ... -et-autres
either transmitter and new plate assembly
https://www.rctank.de/Taigen-kit-comple ... -et-autres
see also at this recommended supplier? member of the forum
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/c1 ... ducts.html
If I am not mistaken, I think it is a second-hand purchase? if so, you have to see how the interior of the tank (s) is equipped? cabling, electronic accessories, etc.
to date there are new, more efficient turntables, I would advise you to contact "Forgeaber" for further advice, on the type of equipment and depending on the amount you wish to invest :thumbup:
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Heng long boards will only work with heng long controllers and they both have to be the same version so finding a controller that will work with your boards will be difficult and probably over priced. Even then you wont know if the boards are fully working until you've spent the money. The easiest and cheapest way is to replace them with newer boards that come with controllers.
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

thanks guys, its put a spanner in the works. I've shopped with forgebear quite a bit. I'll probably go with the most affordable modern controller with Dave. oh wait that seems to be the V7 now! Anybody else thinks the Abram's sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner? :P
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I agree the V7 abrams sounds like a vacuum cleaner too !!

The ever evolving H/L control system is going to be a problem to keep older tanks in action.
As others have suggested, best to remove the older ones and replace with a matched set of board and transmitter, or in the case of the V6 range, one transmitter can be paired with many boards. I have 3 tanks on one H/L transmitter, all V6.1s.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long”