Tiger cranks but then dies

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Tiger 323
Private

Tiger cranks but then dies

Post by Tiger 323 »

Hello, new here. I recently got a heng long tiger 1 it’s the 7.0 2.4ghz version with metal upgrades. When I first got it I didn’t charge the battery but plugged it in to make sure everything was working fine and it was. I put a full charge on it for several hours and gave it to my little girl for Christmas yesterday, we ran the king tiger and her new tiger 1 all night and battled them and it worked perfectly. Then this morning we go to fire up the tiger and hit the start button on the controller and it starts to crank like the maybach is going to fire up then it dies over and over. The battery was fully charged again. The lights on the tiger flash but it just acts like it’s going to fire up then dies. I tried the battery in the king tiger, it fires up just fine so I don’t think it’s the battery. We tried a couple more times then bam it fired up and ran perfectly fine and continued to start every time. Any ideas? Loose wires somewhere? Thanks I’m advance.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Tiger cranks but then dies

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

There's a remarkable wealth of knowledge here on RC Tank Warfare, so there should be no problem getting you some help. But for starters, bop on over to the "Introduce Yourself " section and give us an idea of what modeling and RC experience you have. Even if you haven't any, that just puts you in the league with many of us. After you do the introduction, you'll likely find advice galore and probably start a bit of good-natured fun, too.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

One possibility is that you got the transmitters mixed up. It's always worth trying to rebind the receiver in the HL MFU (controller unit) to the transmitter. No response to a transmitter command might suggest the bond has gone West. For V6.00 and 7.0 series the binding procedure is:
Switch Transmitter on, and hold down the 'start' button- now switch the tank on, and wait for the bind process to give steady lights and the start-up sound.
Possibly, by accident, you went through the 'bind' procedure and awakened 'the sleeping giant'. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:One possibility is that you got the transmitters mixed up. It's always worth trying to rebind the receiver in the HL MFU (controller unit) to the transmitter. No response to a transmitter command might suggest the bond has gone West. For V6.00 and 7.0 series the binding procedure is:
Switch Transmitter on, and hold down the 'start' button- now switch the tank on, and wait for the bind process to give steady lights and the start-up sound.
Possibly, by accident, you went through the 'bind' procedure and awakened 'the sleeping giant'. :D
Thank you, I will try this and report back!
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

Okay, so I did the binding process and it worked right away. I tried starting it 3 other times and it fired up every time so hopefully that’s all it was!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: Yes, fingers crossed. :) Best of luck!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Heng Long”