Heng Long duel speaker [SP005] compatibility

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Heng Long duel speaker [SP005] compatibility

Post by John Glover »

Hi Tankers. Can any one tell me if this will operate with Tamiya King Tiger Electronics. A project I am working on and this speakers dimensions fits the space I have to work with. Regards John
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Heng Long duel speaker [SP005] compatibility

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I'm guessing that the two-pin speaker connector on the KT MFU is rated at 5vDC, as is the spare connector. It's likely that the HL speaker can handle this. Finding the rating (in Ohms) for Tamiya speakers is not easy, but you can run some tests with a multimeter before taking the plunge. They're probably 4 or 8 ohm units. You could measure the output on the MFU speaker connector, and do the same on an HL v.6.0 unit (for which the new speaker is designed).
Tamiya DMD-MFU connectors
Tamiya DMD-MFU connectors
oh, and this is what the KT's MF-01 looks like inside, if it helps:
Tamiya DMD-MF01 opened
Tamiya DMD-MF01 opened
If you click on the pic, it should ENLARGE
CN 4 is the Spkr. You will need to change the connector on the Heng Long speaker as the Tamiya type has a locking 'lip' that's absent on the typical JST.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Heng Long duel speaker [SP005] compatibility

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :)
A speaker has a certain resistance (Impedance) and power in watts.At Heng Long it will be 4 Ohms and 3 watts, Tamiya will be 8 Ohms and 4 watts, in our case the power does not matter, on the other hand, it is more current of operate an 8 Ohm on a 4 Ohm output, that the reverse (in some cases Hi Fi, it is against indicated) in our case, I could not say ???

Return to “Heng Long”