Signal converter from BB to Servo - Any experiences?

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Kirpau
Recruit

Signal converter from BB to Servo - Any experiences?

Post by Kirpau »

Hello People,

I was wondering if any of you have ever used this Signal converter and could help me find out if it does what I want it to do:

https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/signalwa ... zteil.html

Sorry for the german website, couldnt find it anywhere else, but the discription doesnt say much anyways. It says, that it converts your HL/TL "Shoot-Signal" into a Servo-Signal.

So I have a Taigen V3 Board and was wondering, if I could use this thingy to build in something like a clark universal recoil into my Stug III, as the mechanical recoil wont fit in the citadel.

Thanks for any help!

Greetings

Paul
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: Signal converter from BB to Servo - Any experiences?

Post by Jarlath »

I have been looking into something like this for awhile.

Recall that HL/Taigen MFU's for BB unit have the following logic.
  1. Receive signal from controller to fire cannon.
  2. Activate BB motor to spool up BB system
  3. BB motor draws back the airsoft "BB piston" against the spring until it trips the release.
  4. At the release point, the BB piston is released and launched forwards (spring force)
  5. Also at the release point, the contact switch circuit is closed. This is the effect trigger.
  6. Effect trigger tells the MFU to stop operating the BB motor and to activate the sound and track recoil effect.
It looks like this board works off the contact switch signal and is only really usable for the combined BB unit/Recoil assembly of Taigen/HL.
The taigen BB/Recoil system uses a microswitch instead of the standard two prong contact switch.

The 2 pin connection is for direct power to the Recoil Board (Continuous power to board)
The single black power line is for the signal which is attached to the microswitch (to Activate the Recoil Board)
The 3 pin is for Servo PWM signal (aka recoil)

So I don't think you can have this as a generic Taigen/HL Servo Recoil converter (aka to use a Clark or JCC Servo recoil unit).
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Signal converter from BB to Servo - Any experiences?

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Good evening, in fact this system works with a permanent power supply (5 volts) then by applying a plus 5 volts on the black wire, we actuate the servo. Attached photo, assembly carried out in a Sherman Tamiya, for the gun recoil, the mini servo and micro contact which controls the 5 volts signal
D07D752E-7C6B-47FA-93C4-6CEC2A9DD61C.jpeg

Return to “Heng Long”