Heng Long module TK-7.0

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Heng Long module TK-7.0

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jofaur86 wrote::) Hello Herman, OK for the modification, I do not know the 7.0 turntable and do not question your knowledge. But some of you misunderstand how possible to plug into a servo socket? you need a plus and a minus for the electronics that produce the high voltage of the Strob, with a third wire on it, the other two are the contact activated, on the RC Tank.de site it is indicated that not intended to work with a type 6, but nothing for the 7?
have a good day
I think what I mean is the port LED1 but the plug is the same as the servo wire which I joined to the cut off Taigen flash bulb(not a bulb but near enough) and it worked.
CN6 trigger port needs a jumper in it to make the sounds work, and when thats in, the gun flash livens up.
I did that on my 6.1s , cut the 2-wire cable behind the Taigen flash bulb, soldered a (servo but call it what you like) cable matching the colours, and bingo.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) OK Herman, I'll go to bed less stupid ... indeed, feed you the flash by the Led 1 plug and a shunt on CN 6 (trigger) switch on all the reversing systems, to have the flash and the sound, OK, until I follow. On the other hand on the Xenon lamp there are 3 wires? i'm just trying to figure it out see no mischief :O
on 6.1s platinum glass actually Led.1 you have the power supply, and on CN6 (Trigger) switch which controls the sound and the flash but on 7 this is totally different? but never used that kind of turntable? for that try to understand
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

with a can of research on this forum? can be the beginning of an answer?
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=31479
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

cheselpm wrote:Hello..I have HL T90 with the TK7.0 unit..it only has 2 engine sounds and both seem to be diesels..All the infomation on the TK7.0 suggests that it has leopard diesel and Abrams turbines mine has 2 diesels .One of them starts with a klxon horn and i assume that is the modern one with warning horn.Any one have info on which two sounds are on the TK7 or is it model dependant ??
Hello. Is that your video?
phpBB [video]

If so, I replied to you today to your comment under my video.

And here you will find some more information about TK 7.0
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=31479
Buzzbomb
Recruit

Post by Buzzbomb »

Got it figured out. Found a post by user John1970 that used a 1 channel 5v relay(HAYA 6.3 with xenon flash unit working). It suggested to put the 1 channel relay wired DC+ and DC- into the old CN10 slot since it isn't being used by the airsoft motor anymore. Run the black wire from the flasher to the NO slot on the relay and a wire from LED1 positive to COM on the relay. Run the red + and blue - wire from the flasher to CN2. Put a jumper on CN6. This almost got me there, but it seemed with CN6 jumped, it was triggering the cannon sound and recoil before the relay could close fully and powering down CN10.

So I picked up a 2 channel relay and instead of jumping CN6, ran the + and - to the NO and COM on the second channel. This slowed down the CN6 trigger enough to allow the flasher relay channel to close as well and now I have cannon sound, recoil and the full capacitor backed flash on the 7.0(which is extremely bright).

After a few hours of banging around the house and yard, this turned out to be less than reliable. The sound worked, but the flash would sometimes not. So I revisited the drawing board. I ended up using two single channel relays wired together and it works very reliably for me. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the efficiency of the 6.1 vs 7.0. On the tutorial using the 6.1 they used a jumper on the trigger. On the 7.0, I just could not get this to work, hence the second relay.

Diagram coming soon, my art skills are worse than my electrical skills.

Apologies if my explanations are unclear, I'm not an electrician by any means. I'll try and get some pictures.
Last edited by Buzzbomb on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL M41 7.0
HL Abrams 7.0
HL KT 7.0
tankme

Post by tankme »

I've also used a relay to get the Taigen flash to work with the 6.1 system. Works great.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Hello, and thanks for the info, possible little diagram? interest me, good day to you :thumbup:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:( Hello, so no answers .. me who wanted to educate myself :D
Buzzbomb
Recruit

Post by Buzzbomb »

Here is my crude diagram. Trying to take a picture wouldn't be as explanatory. I'm sure one of our electrically inclined people here will be able to refine this, but this worked for me. Wrapped the relays in 3" electrical tape and put them in the battery box.
Attachments
Tk7.0 flasher wiring
Tk7.0 flasher wiring
HL M41 7.0
HL Abrams 7.0
HL KT 7.0
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Good evening, and thank you for the diagram super nice :thumbup: at least would have learned something again today, I would never have dared to try this experience? for fear of making a short circuit :{
if I understand correctly, a relay sends + 5 volts on the flash module (triggering) and the 2nd, serves as a control microswitch during the recoil

Return to “Heng Long”