Heng Long module TK-7.0

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Buzzbomb
Recruit

Re: Heng Long module TK-7.0

Post by Buzzbomb »

Yes, I believe we are on the same page. The second relay is basically just a "delay" on the CN6 trigger. There's probably some other piece of electrical equipment that could accomplish a delay easier, im just not aware of it.
HL M41 7.0
HL Abrams 7.0
HL KT 7.0
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

yes, but I find that already a good solution :D I adore these small techniques, which allow to divert certain lacks, I have a friend, who has added a recoil by servo on a Sherman Tamiya, with a system a can comparable, and it works, have a good weekend
Buzzbomb
Recruit

Post by Buzzbomb »

Update. To retain IR battle function, you need to splice the original green "trigger" wire from the turret into the + side of CN6. Didnt figure this out until after Xmas and had all the tanks going.

Edit** spelling
HL M41 7.0
HL Abrams 7.0
HL KT 7.0
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening, :D
see this post, some explanations
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=32140
cheselpm
Recruit

Post by cheselpm »

marderracer wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:21 am The sound has stopped working on my Heng Long T90 which has the TK 7.0 board. I've tried everything to get it working again. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks
I did blow my speaker on my TK 7.0 T90..new speaker all ok now..Watch the volume
cheselpm
Recruit

Post by cheselpm »

L9 second machine gun is automatically enabled when it detects an LED on the output.
however on mine i had to add a second LED in parallel with the MG for the port to recognise MG.
cmdrcody
Recruit

Post by cmdrcody »

The HL TK-7.0 board has been well known for blowing out the OEM speaker if run on full volume for an extended time. It happened to me! I replaced the OEM speaker with two MakerHawk speakers I purchased on Amazon. I wired them in series, cut the two mounting tabs off, hot glued right next to each to the bottom of the tank body right in front of the motors. They have a very low profile so there was no issue with the turret it's wiring making any contact with the speakers. They are louder than the OEM speaker.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thats a great looking solution mate. Mine too blew the speaker, out of the box after 10 only minutes.............
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
haulme
Recruit

Post by haulme »

Here is another solution:

When I got my challenger it sounded awful...the sound was really distorted and boomy.

I managed to get a Visaton FRS7 8ohm of Amazon for £6

and a Junction box from Screwfix which fitted the speaker perfectly for £1.79

A bit of soldering and I get this. The nice thing is the cutouts give a nice hole for some air to vent and the speaker fits very snug.

Excuse the messy wiring it was WIP but neatened now:

Return to “Heng Long”