RX18 27Mhz into a Matorro Jagdtiger

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Bassetus44
Recruit

RX18 27Mhz into a Matorro Jagdtiger

Post by Bassetus44 »

Apologies if this has been covered before but as it didn’t come up on searching, I’ll add a note here and hopefully save a little time in future

So I have this old Matorro Jagdtiger bought a few years ago for a project with the original 27 Mhz pcbs & no transmitter. I’ve stacks of other builds to get into so I thought OK, let’s stick a new old RX18 into it a bit rapid, so it drives & fires etc. and sell it.

Yeah, great idea, got it sorted then nothing! Basically, the transmitter (new & unused), started playing up then died, no light in fact b***er all :thumbdown: !

After trying different batteries, (Heng Long recommend Panasonic in 27Mhz, for some reason) & pulling the transmitter apart and prodding around with a multimeter for an hour, it turns out to be the the transmitter LED. I replaced it and away we go :thumbup: !
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RX18 27Mhz into a Matorro Jagdtiger

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hmm............an RX18 powered Mattoro Jagdtiger :shifty: ..........
How much Peso's does a body want for such a thing ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

So sorry Herman I’ve only just picked up your comment, as I neglected to tick the ‘notify me’ box.

Because I can’t list for sale here, (not enough listings), I listed the Jagdtiger on the Forgebear Facebook page for £250 including UK postage. God knows what it would be to ship to Oz!

All I did to this Jagdtiger was fit the 27Mhz Heng Long MFU, sort out the 8 pin hull connector to suit, fit a new smoker in place of the useless original & a new volume pot. Sweet FA when compared to your super duper build, very impressive!

Thanks for your interest & inspiration.

ATB
Attachments
0F0852DB-BEBE-40E2-B719-B1139BAB47DA.jpeg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

she's right mate, who knew there was such a thing as a Forgebear facebook !!
Good luck with the sale.
Shame you didnt decide to give it a go ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Currently working with the modern Torro offering, I have nothing but Respect for you guys who did or are doing Builds using the original Matorro Jagdtiger. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

Good afternoon to you too Painless,

I too have a Torro Jagdtiger to get stuck into after a full Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV build and Sherman Firefly rebuild. Good luck with your build, hope it goes smoothly.

ATB

Return to “Heng Long”