Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, :D yes that's exactly it, and on this forum, there are a lot of very competent people, to answer your question :thumbup:
ArchieNov
Recruit

Post by ArchieNov »

Oh I see. I wasn't aware of the decorum practiced here. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

In any case, I was able to get the answer I needed from another friend of mine. Apparently on the new 7.0/7.1 controller that is used with the board, Heng Long made the trim button under the right stick move again (they made it static in the 6.0 series controllers). This trim is used to control the servo connected to the CH5 channel on the 7.1 board. Maybe this will be useful information for anyone in the future.
cheselpm
Recruit

Post by cheselpm »

defo trim button on 7.0 tk does not move and no ch5 on 7.0 rx. Also 7.0 does not have servo drives for any function..gun elevation is a motor and gear box and not even recoil..Servos only on 7.1
whitecitadel
Private

Post by whitecitadel »

The more I learn the more I get a bit more frustrated with HL. After looking at 7.1 to see what it would take to add servo recoil, I now realise my 7.0 Tiger 1 has Leo/Abrahams sounds not T90/Tiger :thumbdown:

Can also confirm my 7.0 does not have working slider for the extra channel (can’t use this TX with 7.1 board and use the extra servo channel). I opened it up just for fun and there is nothing inside but the pcb supporting the sticks and the two shoulder buttons.

I didn’t bother to unscrew the PCB, I guess it’s feasible the pads are there somewhere but didn’t check.
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

A few comments on the 7.1, now fitted...

The turning circle/self rotate adjustments don't seen to make any noticeable difference. (Items 21,22,23 in the instructions), and neither does the turret rotate speed nor braking strength adjustment. (Items 13,18).
No idea what the 'Auto loading shells switch' does. (Item 24)
The sound is good (I have the red aerial Tiger/T-90 (?) version).
The exhaust smoker motor output, if using an aquarium-style pump and separate heater, is 'pulsed', which is fun. If selected on shutdown, it produces a cloud of smoke on startup.
I haven't tried features such as the gyroscope function (Item 9), nor 'Independent control' (Item 25).
As mentioned in another thread, there's no socket under the casing opening for CN2 (fan), so I've wired a dual pole/single throw on-off switch, as I like cooling fans.
And there's definitely no slider under control stick 2, unless the 7.0 and 7.1 have different hand controllers.
I'm still using the jumper on CN6 for the smoke/flash trigger with the little add-on barrel smoke board.

I'd be interested to hear of anyone's experiences...
ankh
Recruit

Post by ankh »

Timbo68 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:12 pm I haven't tried features such as the gyroscope function (Item 9), nor 'Independent control' (Item 25).
And there's definitely no slider under control stick 2, unless the 7.0 and 7.1 have different hand controllers.
I got a couple of 7.1s with remotes from Forgebeartanks and I can confirm they have working slider under stick 2. I tested that with both normal and 360 servos (CH5) and all work fine.
Independent control (CH6 for warning flash light and L10 for normal LED) also works ok - K+ left stick down operates both channels at the same time.
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

That's very interesting - thanks. I upgraded from a 7.0 which came with a tank to the 7.1, but I'm using the 7.0 controller. 7.1 must have a different controller (6.0 controllers work for 6.1s), which may account for the fact that some functions don't seem to do much. I'll have to get one for a start...
ankh
Recruit

Post by ankh »

Correct, you can use 7.0 controller with 7.1 but you won't have the slider so no extra servo control. There may be more differences with electronics/programming so possibly that's why some other functions are not working for you. This extra servo is really cool, so many options with continuous rotation (360 servo mod) or just normal servo. Extra lighting control is also great for all sort of additional lights you may want to install.
I was disappointed that they stuck to two modern sounds only but this MFU gives you really a lot more comparing to 6.0 or even 6.1 which I'm a big fan of. There are some disappointments for me though, lack of CN2 port (if I read it correctly connection is there so not a big deal), smoker now runs in 'puffing' mode meaning fluctuating voltage but I prefer to modify HL smokers and use mini fans they just don't work anymore. I must admit this smoking looks awesome now.
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

Trouble is - I can't find a 7.1-specific controller anywhere - it no longer seems to exist. If anyone knows where I can find one....
ankh
Recruit

Post by ankh »

You can buy the whole set controller + board (e.g. Aliexpress but I can't guarantee if the controller is 7.1 too).
Better option - talk to Dave (https://www.forgebeartanks.com), he's extremely helpful. He's UK based and I'm not sure if he sells internationally but I'm sure he will do he's best to help.

Return to “Heng Long”